Help , Garmin zumo 340 LM at aldi

The essential art of farkling.
interceptor

Re: Help , Garmin zumo 340 LM at aldi

Post by interceptor »

I bought one a few weeks ago for a bargain price of €150 from my local Aldi in Ireland, and last night I got a Bluetooth helmet headset from there for €20! The headset took 10 mins to install and works really well with the sat nav.
Chris TeeDeeEmm

Post by Chris TeeDeeEmm »

cowling wrote:Good buy dave, I paid £199, and had to be in the shop the morning they went on sale by 10 am to get one, yet other areas have them surplus and at discount, only used it for road work, and it's great, it has a memory card slot so was wondering if you could get some os maps on it for laneing.
Yes!! I run full UK os mapping in 1:50,000 landranger. Think it cost me under a tenner inc postage. I also have Italy as a topology map.

Will try and find a link..... or failing that will see if I can make a copy and test it in my garmin and maybe able to help that way
Chris TeeDeeEmm

Ps, as a bonus, it displays the os mapping in basecamp on yer laptop too
moto al

Post by moto al »

Yesterday I popped into my local Aldi , the garmin is still for sale at the original price, I asked the manager about the sale prices in other branches , He told me his branch had a full stock ,so no sale price. Then he told me to keep popping in and checking ,as after a period of time, Head office , would email him and tell him too offload excess stock. So watch this space. I have a plan . (thumbs) if anyone wants one at the sale price plus postage .Al
moto al
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

Chesterfield branch manager phoned the Louth manager and had one posted to chesser at the 139 quid price as well and they didnt charge for the overnight posting. Get onto yer local branch manager AL !!!!
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
jaffa1963

Post by jaffa1963 »

I have the 340 LM and had it for about a year. It's been far better than I expected.

However the curvy roads option can sometimes lead to some interesting route, detouring well out of the way to cover all sorts of starnge and wonderful byways and a doubling of the expected journey time.

Basecamp is great for planning your own routes in as much detail as you want.
Steve

jaffa1963

Triumph Tiger 800 XCX

BMW F650
GB

Post by GB »

Cant see it on there website.
Finally back on a GS :D
cowling

Post by cowling »

Yes please Chris, if you could help me get os maps on my garmin I would be very grateful.
That's the exact map I use on view ranger, on my mobile, great map for the lanes. A link to
Where u bought it from would be ideal. Is it a case of copying it to a memory card and slotting
It in ?
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

If it is possible to get OS maps on it I'll be delighted - I can't see anything online (admittedly a quick google) has anyone got any instructions?

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
Chris TeeDeeEmm

Found the site, been looking for a couple of days now lol..... neither seller, nor item are in the market any longer.

Mines a slightly different model, and it seems the higher you go in numbers, the less likely it is you'll be able to use the maps on an sd card.

I'll do a bit of looking to find out if/why etc.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”