GoPro Accessory Kit - Any ideas

The essential art of farkling.
Kinioo

GoPro Accessory Kit - Any ideas

Post by Kinioo »

Hi All,

As I am going snowboarding in Feb for a week in Austria was thinking of taking my GoPro camera (I bought it few months back but never used).

Anyway, I am after an accessory pack including traps, pads, helmet mounts, camera extension stick etc.

Anything cheap but still OK - don't want to spend ££ on the 'proper' GoPro brand.

Many thanks

Chris
SteveW

Re: GoPro Accessory Kit - Any ideas

Post by SteveW »

I recently bought this set.
Loads of stuff, it interfaces well with genuine GoPro stuff.
The plastic finish isn't GoPro standard but it seems up to the job.

image_2016-01-12.png
image_2016-01-12.png (205.64 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

Kinioo wrote:Hi All,

As I am going snowboarding in Feb for a week in Austria was thinking of taking my GoPro camera (I bought it few months back but never used).

Anyway, I am after an accessory pack including traps, pads, helmet mounts, camera extension stick etc.

Anything cheap but still OK - don't want to spend ££ on the 'proper' GoPro brand.

Many thanks

Chris
Get the 'Chesty' mount. The official GoPro version is pricey, but there are knock offs on E-Bay for a good price. Also have a look at the helmet strap mounts my kids use when climbing and kayaking.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Unless your going to be filming fancy effects with counterbalanced arms strapped to your hat, then the chesty is possibly the main accesory you'll use, and as stated the knock offs are ok, so why not buy 2 in case 1 breaks (as I've found the knock offs to be slightly more brittle/fragile than the OEM), also carry a couple of spare mounting arms/screws. A gopole or gopole reach is another accessory I'd consider if your a confident skier, and the genuine gopoles ain't too pricey either. But make sure you get one with the wifi remote clip (if you have that accessory). As for which gopole, that's a matter of choice but the extendable one will fit better in a backpack when not in use as they fold down quite short see You might want to consider knocking up a DIY ski boot mount (YouTube is full of ideas If the board is yours and won't be rented then maybe consider sticking a surfboard / ski mount on the front of your board. But I'd deffo fix a tether onto that mount. Tbh I wouldn't bother buying a massive cheapo accesory pack as half the stuff is junk, just buy what you need. Remember K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) & don't over complicate your kit
Grimetime

Post by Grimetime »

Smatree kit is good but as above just buy cheap Amazon packs
Doug Haywood
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hey there,

Here is my first ever go pro video using a cheapo chest mount. I saw this thread and chucked it together. There are two clips, the first is to show fast smooth movement and the second is to show falling over.

I'm super impressed with how a chest mount stays steady. I'm off boarding soon and will definitely use it.

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]VZpRgsdA8l8[/video]
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Have a look at the GoPro channel on YouTube for some inspiration on what mounts to use
Kinioo

Post by Kinioo »

SteveW wrote:I recently bought this set.
Loads of stuff, it interfaces well with genuine GoPro stuff.
The plastic finish isn't GoPro standard but it seems up to the job.

image_2016-01-12.png
This looks OK - thanks.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”