wrist supports ?

The essential art of farkling.
Tramp

wrist supports ?

Post by Tramp »

Hi folks,

Who uses a wrist support after a radius fracture for riding be it road or trails....I have a neoprene hospital support with vwlcro fastwning and metal bar...use it without bar and enduro gloves...

Im a little paranoid now about damaging the wrist again, have 80% movement but weak in certain directiins like even sitting om bike and then lifting to upright from side stand...its a tall enduro so does lean over a bit...

Do lots of stretching, massage and exercise but it locks up lots and in morning is a real pain....needs carefull stretching..

Only 4 weeks out of plaster and 3 pins removed its left clutch hand too.

Cheers
Paul-S

Re: wrist supports ?

Post by Paul-S »

Make sure you do the climbers excercizes I told you about

They will build up the strength where you need it
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

mate get your ass up here as I suggested and let the Mrs look at it for you and we will see what suggestions we can make

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Archie

Post by Archie »

Boots do a range of supports and I use these particularly when it's cold....

Heat is your friend otherwise your hands will sieze up and blood circulation will be poor.... DAHIK. Broken scafiod, dislocated thumbs, fecked knees and shoulders all from the love of motorcycling.
Keep on riding.
Don't go where the path leads, 'Go where there is no path..! and leave a trail for others to follow'
vacant_space

Post by vacant_space »

I had one of those blue supports for my right wrist 18 months ago when I fractured it again, it was OK for driving a car but I couldn't get on with it on a bike; but I didn't remove the metal strip.

I found that one of the "wraparound" ones, I think it was from Sports Direct or somewhere, worked better - you stick your thum through a hole at the top, then wrap the rest over your wrist and Velcro it tight (or as tight as is comfortable...). Something similar to this one:

Wristthing.jpg
Wristthing.jpg (35.21 KiB) Viewed 1656 times

I broke my wrist when I was 13, falling off a rope swing at Loch Ness, the two bones set on the piss a bit with a big weld of bone around them, and I've re-fractured it several times since. It's something I'm used to, and it means I can't clean windows (that's what I tell my wife, anyway ;) ), actually hurts like fuck to do much side-to-side rotary movements, but up / down is OK.

HTH
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

if you want to learn how to strap wrists and hand speak to a boxer (thumbs) anything that stretches is not really supporting anything

Tramp replied to your PM mate (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)

Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

sent you my address again see you Saturday mate (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)

fullerton

Post by fullerton »

dont let the strap become a crutch, see it to often in the gym when people are writing cheques the body carnt cash and it gets worse over time.

gentle exercise and increase the effort over time.

steve
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

fullerton wrote:dont let the strap become a crutch, see it to often in the gym when people are writing cheques the body carnt cash and it gets worse over time.

gentle exercise and increase the effort over time.

steve
precisely and see you Saturday tramp

cheers Spud ;)

Roy C.

Post by Roy C. »

I have a weak wrist due to damage and worry about it , so when green laneing I use a wrist support made by 666 . it's really a skateboarders brace but is a good bit of kit. It has a plastic strip that forms the brace itself and as you have to buy a pair I put the 2 braces into one strip for a bit more support. it's super comfortable and you soon get used to it. :)

Return to “ACCESSORIES”