The difference a little bit of foam makes.

The essential art of farkling.
boatman

Re: The difference a little bit of foam makes.

Post by boatman »

Another one for the foam ones on a chord
Tried almost every other thing Then found these work a treat , so I bought a BIG box full (thumbs)
minted

Post by minted »

For me I think the ear buds would stop me from hearing my music
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

minted wrote:For me I think the ear buds would stop me from hearing my music
Not sure they would mate, diddent stop me from hearing my sat nav. Wouldent hurt to try (thumbs)
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

minted wrote:For me I think the ear buds would stop me from hearing my music
Not if you get ear plugs with in built earbuds, such as ultimateear sound ear.
I went from needing the volume cranked up full to hear the satnav directions via my starcom helmet speakers while using standard earplugs, to having the volume at a whisper via the sound ears, allowing me to hear the bike, engine, and other sounds while blocking out damaging frequencies.
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

I personally cant stand anything in my ears, hence I dont/cant wear earplugs. For a long time I have considered custom made ones. The reason I haven't tried them is the cost. Has anyone else on here like me and tried custom plugs and managed to get on with them. Standard type foam plugs drive me mad after a short while
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

Big Red wrote:I personally cant stand anything in my ears, hence I dont/cant wear earplugs. For a long time I have considered custom made ones. The reason I haven't tried them is the cost. Has anyone else on here like me and tried custom plugs and managed to get on with them. Standard type foam plugs drive me mad after a short while
I will let you know, been having issues for a while with the foam ones working their way out etc and causing discomfort, i have a narrow ear canal, so at the stafford bike show there was a stand doing custom ones for 40 quid, usually at least double that. I sat there with silicone in my ears for 5 mins, last week they were delivered but i am working away until Monday, so on Tuesday I will be taking them out for a good test ride so will let you know if they have been a waste of cash or not.
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

Big Red wrote:I personally cant stand anything in my ears, hence I dont/cant wear earplugs.
There's more than one type of disposable earplug. The ones with rounded ends really irritate my ears because they seem to have to go in further to work. The blunt end barrel shaped ones suit me better because they seem to sit at the entrance to your ear and block it. I can (and do) wear them all day :)
There's a technique to putting them in too. You have to pull your ear up and open your mouth while squashing the end of the plug. You sometimes see racers doing it on the grid before a race :laugh:
On the subject of wrapping them round your clutch lever, whatch out for ear infection!
threepot

Post by threepot »

Emf#53 wrote:I usually wear earplugs when I'm on the BM, especially if it's a long journey but if I'm going for a quick blast on the Triumph T955 which has a sports exhaust I leave them out because I just love the sound of the triple :woohoo:
(thumbs)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Big Red wrote:I personally cant stand anything in my ears, hence I dont/cant wear earplugs. For a long time I have considered custom made ones. The reason I haven't tried them is the cost. Has anyone else on here like me and tried custom plugs and managed to get on with them. Standard type foam plugs drive me mad after a short while
been using custom plugs for years I don't use anything else now, they are made to fit your ears (obviously) so you should get little if any irritation from them. My latest pair has speakers in which work great, but if you go that route make sure you turn down all volumes on your satnav etc before the first time you plug them in as the sound quality and volume could make you jump :pinch:

your hearing is worth the effort surely

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

Redmurty wrote: been using custom plugs for years I don't use anything else now, they are made to fit your ears (obviously) so you should get little if any irritation from them.....
Me too! My only problem is that I've "speakers" in the helmet and occasionally they press on the earplugs causing a little discomfort: it's just a case of repositioning the speakers slightly on their velcro and all's back to normal. And with the plugs in I've no difficulty hearing the speakers (bluetooth for sat-nag and phone, or radio)....... or indeed the dulcet tones of my vee-twin ..... but the wind noise is absent.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”