Tax disc holder

The essential art of farkling.
orath

Tax disc holder

Post by orath »

Today I completed my annual ritual of removing the rusting lump of metal the holder has become over winter and scraping out the sludge that the actual disc has become and replaced it with a new one, certain it will be the same next year.

Is there a better way?

What tax disc holders do you use?
Where do you mount it?

Thanks
RoSy

Re: Tax disc holder

Post by RoSy »

You will not need one next year, the disc is being discontinued from about Oct 14. I assume it includes bikes.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Don't worry,you won't need a tax disc holder next year.I can't remember when,but later on this year you no longer have to display a tax disc as it's all on computer anyway. (thumbs)
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

i never use them tbh,to easy to be ripped off a nicked so i either tape it to the underside of the seat or leave it at home
chico

Post by chico »

I got fed up of trying to waterproof waterproof tax disc holders, silicone, glue, treacle...whatever....it stays in my wallet now....
bimota

Post by bimota »

had a carbon fibre holder on my gsa last week, knowing in a few months will not need one any more so i thought sell it now as in a few months i,ll be chucking it in the bin.

put it on ebay £20 bloody hell ppeople are still buying them LOL
outrunner

Post by outrunner »

I cover the disc with cling film, works for me. :)

Andy.
Grumpy auld man.
orath

Post by orath »

Thanks for the replies. Good advice on cling film or under the seat. Be happy to see the bit of paper go for good in October.
davsato

Post by davsato »

I made my own carbon fibre one using the rubber ring that came off the cheapo steel one that rusted to bits. I couldn't care less how wet the disc gets, I've got it and its on display in the right place.
Dave
stueydo

Post by stueydo »

I use clear sticky vinyl, and stick it to the fork outers. It is good enough to withstand a season of enduro racing.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”