if you looking for a helmet cam

The essential art of farkling.
chrisinflight

if you looking for a helmet cam

Post by chrisinflight »

I found the following deals. They may be available cheaper from other vendors if you are prepared to wait for delivery. These are reserve and collect in store.

1. Go Pro Hero 3 white £179.99 Argos
2. Contour Roam 2 £126.50 Halfords (advertised as £136.50 but another £10 knocked off at checkout)only in black at that price!
3. Liquid Image Ego £119.99 at PC World.
2016 Beta 300rr- In the 2 stroke come-back club!

HAMMERHEAD

Re: if you looking for a helmet cam

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

Thanks CHRIS... Will be looking at these later. (thumbs)
Kinioo

Post by Kinioo »

chrisinflight wrote:I found the following deals. They may be available cheaper from other vendors if you are prepared to wait for delivery. These are reserve and collect in store.

2. Contour Roam 2 £126.50 Halfords (advertised as £136.50 but another £10 knocked off at checkout)only in black at that price!
How do you get additional 10% off @ Halfords ??

What code do you use?
john_aero

Post by john_aero »

cant see any contour roam cameras in halfords uk or ireland website
RoadTrekker

Post by RoadTrekker »

chrisinflight wrote:I found the following deals. They may be available cheaper from other vendors if you are prepared to wait for delivery. These are reserve and collect in store.

Keep away from the Contour cameras as they have gone bust so there is no one for repairs, it is Halfords way of dumping old stock. They are still a good camera, I still have one but now jumped camp to GOPRO so if you are prepared to take the risk go ahead, thats a cheap price for a top quality camera, not had any problems with mine still working after 3 years.
chrisinflight

Post by chrisinflight »

Hi, The 10% discount was on all cycling gear and think it ended on xmas eve.
The contours roam2 are on the website but have increased in price. I think the cheapest is the red one at £142. I think it was a xmas special but I ended up buying a black contour for £126 on xmas eve.
cheers,
chris

chrisinflight

Post by chrisinflight »

Yes, Contour have gone bust but they will be back. I followed advice from various reviews saying grab one whilst you can. I want be able to send it back to Contour for repair just yet but I`m not expecting it to breakdown. All the software updates and the Storyteller program are all available to download. You can get the contours cheaper online as they probably are shifting old stock.

Africa John

Post by Africa John »

I just bought my GoPro Hero 3 Silver from Play.com for £189.99 (higher spec than the White)
Ordered on Boxing Day. Shipped on 30th December and here within 24 hours by Fedex
Bloody good service IMHO
Just awaiting a 64Gb Sandisk micro SD card from Amazon now
(thumbs)
John
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Africa wrote:
Just awaiting a 64Gb Sandisk micro SD card from Amazon now
John
I got a Gopro for chrimble, I've read quite a bit about Sandisk cards not being recommended anymore. I've no experience of them, just trying to give you a heads up...
fishfood

Post by fishfood »

Just picked up a couple of Vivitar 'go-pro lookalikes' for £40 each in the Currys sale.
Thought it was worth a wee gamble, with a bike and helmet mount, screen and waterproof case.
Have put them on charge and need micro SD cards. Anyone used these cameras?

Return to “ACCESSORIES”