Lockable tank bag

The essential art of farkling.
Benhur

Lockable tank bag

Post by Benhur »

Can anyone recommend a lockable tank bag which can be locked (easy small padlocks) but which can be locked to the bike. I am planning a solo trip and am not happy leaving my current tank bag on the bike at petrol stations etc while i am not close to the bike....so nothing high tech is needed but something which is enough to discourage the casual a★★ehole while i am in the loo...

Sent from my SHW-M480W using Tapatalk
MadRat

Re: Lockable tank bag

Post by MadRat »

:)
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Alternative...

Get a Tank bag with two Zipper-pulls and put a split ring in each. Then put a small padlock through both.... :)

Most of the worlds population is honest....

Those that are not.... If they want what you have, they will get it anyway and come armed with bolt-cutters...
wolf

Post by wolf »

I always find it odd that we are perfectly happy to have our holiday luggage handled by strangers in foreign countries, completely out of sight of ourselves, and with (often) no more than a small padlock protecting the case. Something that is easy to get off in seconds.

And yet we get paranoid about something on our bikes that (often) is still in sight when we fill up with fuel, and even if we pop into a shop it is usually in plain view of other members of the public at all times. I have the same paranoia and have found it is easier to just relax myself than to carry fort knox around.
Yamaha XJR1300 rider
Benhur

Lockable tank bag

Post by Benhur »

True, very true
AustinW

Lockable tank bag

Post by AustinW »

Pacsafe do one (or used to). I tried one but it was too big really but seemed secure enough. Sold it last year as I never used it.

At the moment I only have soft luggage and tbh stuff getting stolen is only a mild concern and then only when I will be leaving the bike in a town centre or deserted place for a long time.
I never give it a second thought at Garages or cafes. But do keep proper valuables like wallet, licence, passport on your body at all times.

When we were in Romania, perhaps one of the places us Brits might feel a bit vulnerable I did notice most local bikers left their helmets hooked unsecured to their bike when parked. Perhaps we are too paranoid.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

Return to “ACCESSORIES”