Auxiliary fuse box

The essential art of farkling.
snaphappy

Re: Auxiliary fuse box

Post by snaphappy »

The relay is grounded to a frame bolt.

Relay has 4 terminals, ground and positive in from a low amp switched cable (ie only when ignition on) and power in direct from battery and power out, I've used over gauge cable and put an inline fuse holder in.

I've just ordered a battery charge warning light, that should be here in a day or two then I'll strip the panels and seat off and take a few photos

Nick
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Zenarchy

Post by Zenarchy »

robertjlawler wrote:Bluesea fuse boxes. Not waterproof in the slightest. Careful you don't loose the screws as they are unf thread. Not so easy to get here and they are made for the marine market so will be two three times the price of anything else out there.
That's handy to know. I know they're common in the US, but didn't consider the screws might be different.

I think I'd rather deal with that and have the more sturdy ring connectors (with some inherrent strain relief on the connector) though personally.

They do look more splash proof at least (and perhaps a bit easier to make more waterproof yourself) than the centec ones though, and they're not that expensive:

It looks like there's an offer on there, but even at their full UK retail price, there's not much difference between one of those and a similiar featured centech one.

They look like they'd take up a lot more space though.
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

What you want to do is strip all you wires and extra fuses out and start again with one of these http://www.nippynormans.com/products/fu ... -row-pdm60
Nippy normans also sell more of the usual type as well but how easy are these thing's
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

That looks the mutts nuts

technology eh

[video][/video]
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Return to “ACCESSORIES”