Moulded ear plugs

The essential art of farkling.
Clarkem72

Moulded ear plugs

Post by Clarkem72 »

I'm thinking of investing in some moulded ear plugs - I'm off to the CLA Game Fair later this month and here are always a few stands offering deals (aimed primarily at the shooting guys). Having looked before and got confused by the range of different options :huh: I'd be grateful for any feedback from people who have got some and are using them. I don't want to go there 'blind' and go through the pain of sales patter and bull**** that goes with it! :S
Thanks
Mark
Mr Free Market

Re: Moulded ear plugs

Post by Mr Free Market »

Mark - I also using "shooting" moulded ear plugs, bought them at Bisley about 10 years ago & never regretted it. An excellent investment

I suspect they all come out of the same lab somewhere, so I don't suppose it makes much difference which ones you buy but I'll be happy to be corrected on that
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
Heff

Post by Heff »

Often thought about these, but never got round to it

I shall be watching this thread with interest
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

I have Ultimate Ear with monitors so I can listen to music, expensive but well worth it

When just riding around short distance and offroad I just use Boots Bio Ears silicone plugs - designed for swimmers to stop water ingress - keeps the wind noise out when you're on the bike, the closest noise reduction I have found next to the Ultimate Ears and only cost about £5 for 6 in their own plastic case
AustinW

Moulded ear plugs

Post by AustinW »

If the marketing stuff is to be believed there are different types of ear plugs for different uses. I think that means in shooting where it's short sharp very loud bangs you need one type of ear plug, whereas for bike use where it's continuous loud noise it's a different ear plug. And there's probably other types of noises that need other plugs. If true you will need to be absolutely clear at the game show it's for biking not shooting. I know I wouldn't want to wear my bike ear plugs when out shooting as so many other sounds would muffled or in audible, especially that wonderful cry of "bird over". :).

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

I use the bog std Boots ones. Very cheap, washable and as comfortable as any.
IainD

Post by IainD »

Speak to Antone at Custom Made Ear Protection, he should be there.

Once you get past the constant nattering, he is a good guy who knows his stuff.

I have a pair that I got for shooting, but found I don't like the sound of earplugs, so use them on the bike instead.
peterekins

Post by peterekins »

I got some do it yourself moulded plugs, enough to make 4, they worked ok, but now just use silicone type plugs from Super Savers, pack of 10 just a few quid, come in a handy plastic box, so if you lose one just take another, and if you twist them as you insert they work as vgood as any
andymac

Post by andymac »

I use them on my bike, and on planes, £50 up to £1000 for Bluetooth models,
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!
andyb43

Post by andyb43 »

Yellow squishy ones re-alocated from work, cheap (free).

Return to “ACCESSORIES”