12V Adapter on Tiger 800 XC

The essential art of farkling.
OB1

12V Adapter on Tiger 800 XC

Post by OB1 »

I was wondering where abouts you can get an adapter for the standard sized "cigarette lighter" plugs to fit into the smaller 12V adapter that comes on the Tiger XC?

I must admit that I haven't had a look around for one yet, but I thought I'd try the lazy route first! :woohoo:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
john_aero

Re: 12V Adapter on Tiger 800 XC

Post by john_aero »

search waterproof 12v socket in ebay.

i got mine off a marine suppliers one bay. also sells cigarette connectors that lock intot his 12v outlets making the 100% watertight when a unit is plugged into it.

think i paid 20 sterling for the kit and 3 waterproof socket adaptors
scouse

Post by scouse »

Maplin sell the correct style of DIN/Hella/John Deere style plug and so do many peeps on evilBay. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=217741

Maplin and Halfords also have been known to sell a Cigarette Lighter socket to DIN plug converter.

Touratech and Nippy Normans sell them as well
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

So does that mean if you buy an Ipod charger for example, you will have to change the plug?
Why don't they just use standard car size sockets?

PS, Scouse you still have your Christmas avatar up, that's bad luck don't you know. ;)
scouse

Post by scouse »

Triumph, BMW and Kawasaki(I think) have always used them... smaller socket and easier to fit into spaces on a bike and with an adaptor you can also tuck stuff away under the seat. That is where I put chargers and stuff, on top of the airbox out of the weather
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
scouse

Post by scouse »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
PS, Scouse you still have your Christmas avatar up, that's bad luck don't you know. ;)
Just means I have to keep up until easter, but with the Xmas we had don't think the luck could get any worse.

New car was delayed by snow, as were many of the presents that took over a month to arrive, old car due for trade in started to play up, illness in the family and myself, we started Xmas with our fit and healthy 6 year old cat mithering us for attention as he hates going out in the snow then he died from a chest infection/virus in the space of three days, and cost a fortune in vets bills as they fought to keep him alive. That was a bit of a shocker as it was not a good death for man nor beast , and after losing two friends of my age in the last eighteen months to complications from pneumonia, the final moments were a bit unsettling.

We actually finally had our family Xmas on Sunday so running a good two weeks behind everyone else on that score, so might just keep it up for a bit longer ;)

CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Sorry to hear about your cat Scouse that's horrible news. :( I hope this year will be a great one for you from now on. ;)
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

OB1 wrote:I was wondering where abouts you can get an adapter for the standard sized "cigarette lighter" plugs to fit into the smaller 12V adapter that comes on the Tiger XC?

I must admit that I haven't had a look around for one yet, but I thought I'd try the lazy route first! :woohoo:
Nippy Normans my friend about £12 for about the same price of nippy norms you can buy a full size socket with a little loom to either hard wire to battery or take a feed from your mini socket !!!!!!!
Alun

Post by Alun »

And here's an Hella adapter with a 2m lead at £5.99 plus postage.

Bad news about the cat scouse. But as you're now in the festive phase, I'll wish you a Merry Xmas and a HNY.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Thanks all for your help.

I knew being a lazy bugger was the way to go :woohoo:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “ACCESSORIES”