Heated waistcoat

The essential art of farkling.
Sanqhar

Re: Heated waistcoat

Post by Sanqhar »

Geecee68 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:52 pm I got one off Ebay this time last year. It was dirt cheap, £20. My expectations were pretty low. It has a USB plug in the right hand pocket and a little silicon rubber press button that switches it on and cycles through the heat settings.

I used it all through last winter! you need a hefty power pack if you are using it around the garden or when walking the dog. On the bike I use a USB extension cord (and plug it into the bike), and wear it over a few layers. You get great heat build up and thats all I wanted. I dare say more money would buy a better quality vest, pads and everything, but for £20?
Hi

Was this new or s/h?

What was it called?

Chinese?

thanks

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
Geecee68

Post by Geecee68 »

Just went back and checked my history, actually got it off Amazon. Brand name was 'Lesgos', not available anymore. Did a quick search and not available anywhere! Its chinese.

I think if you are regularly riding in winter, spend some money and get a brand name one. If like me its a rare outing on sunny dry days, I'd get a used one or a cheap chinese one.
iaint

Post by iaint »

Ones made for horse riding works a treat
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I know that the OP is sorted but I though this may be of interest.

https://nordic-heat.com/product-category/base-layer/

I’ve just ordered a couple, one each, for trips north in the summertime when cold can happen at any time.
Fingers crossed that they are good as they certainly can’t be classed as cheap.
Al Hutchins

Post by Al Hutchins »

Ive used a Grebing jacket before and found it bulked up my jacket so that I couldn't do up the neck strap, for the past two years Ive used a warm and safe baselayer which has proven to be fantastic, it doesn't smell after weeks of wearing it doing normal commuter journeys of 50 miles each way, and it has certainly ket me warm, I have also used the connectors to connect to my Gerbing heated gloves with no issue, well worth the expense!
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

Keis gilet for me, bought from someone on here if i remember. I have it wired to the bike, heats up fast and makes a big difference. Yet to spontaneously combust thankfully

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

bowber

Post by bowber »

I've had a Keis (I think) for a couple of years, used it for the first time last winter and I was surprised at how good it is, I'll be using it again this winter for sure.

Steve
sven

Post by sven »

There was a comparison test in ride a while back and it came to the conclusion that the cheap one wasn’t as good, but did make a difference.

My wife and I have been using Keis waistcoats for years now and they’re a game changer in my opinion. They make biking much more comfortable when the temperature’s in single digits.

I’ve just bought an adapter so she can use hers in our convertible in winter too.
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

+1 for Keis gilet. Wore mine across Tibet. Total game changer…

Return to “ACCESSORIES”