My new bike

The Things We Ride
Scott_rider

My new bike

Post by Scott_rider »

My new (to me) bike. A Suzuki GSX-S1000F :D . So far, I've put a tail tidy and a double bubble screen on it.

After 2 years and 4,600 miles on my Yamaha Tracer 900 I fell out of love with it, for a couple of unresolvable reasons :cry: , so I changed it.

Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
minkyhead

Re: My new bike

Post by minkyhead »

nice back to your hoolgan days

i wonder what you didnt like with the tracer ..ive been considering a few not ridden a tracer and the mt09 i tried was a while back and i bit harsh in the ride as i remember but the newer ones are different i believe ..so far the base model versys 1000 is top ol my list for value touring ... may not bother at all
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

minkyhead wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:08 am nice back to your hoolgan days

i wonder what you didnt like with the tracer ..ive been considering a few not ridden a tracer and the mt09 i tried was a while back and i bit harsh in the ride as i remember but the newer ones are different i believe ..so far the base model versys 1000 is top ol my list for value touring ... may not bother at all
The Tracer was good but flawed, in my opinion. Mine was the mark 2 version ('19 plate) by which time the snatchy throttle issue had been sorted out by Yamaha compared to the mark 1 version ('15 plate to '18 plate, I think). The CP3 900 engine was a peach with a load of instant shove but you do have to work it to get a wriggle on. The excessive turbulence from the front end was my main issue and is a general complaint from loads of Tracer owners. I tried a sport screen, a touring screen, no screen, etc. etc. and the turbulence was just about bearable but never good and always took the shine off a long ride out. Finally, the suspension was ok but not brilliant, even with a bit of tweaking, but you can sort that out with re-valving which wasn't something I wanted to do.

If a bike were a dog then the Tracer would be an excitable, snappy Spaniel...the Suzuki is more like a lazy, growling Rottweiler...if that makes sense?
Last edited by Scott_rider on Mon May 09, 2022 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

Glad to hear your happy with the new purchase.
That's a good looking bike.
Just being nosey,but what didn't gel with you on the 9 tracer. I'm asking because I recently bought the mt07 to try the cp2 unit and possibly replace the 660z with a t7,but also tried the 9 tracer and see some pros and cons with both bikes?

I've just seen you answered most of those questions while I was typing 👍

Return to “BIKES”