The RE Himalayan ...

The Things We Ride
Tonibe63

Re: The RE Himalayan ...

Post by Tonibe63 »

Flipflop wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:45 pm
How do you find the performance cam shaft?
Do you know if there’s and long term reliability issues with it?- thanks
1500 miles on my Tec camshaft, noticeable improvement in power and torque but only relative to original 24bhp, bike is regularly given short burst upto the redline with no problems so far.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I have the Indian made camshaft. Slightly cheaper than the TEC or Hitchcock, looks really good quality. Feels like it has more torque and seems to cruise at 70 about 300 rpm lower than before. They are easy to fit and if you are going to keep the bike for a while worth doing.
Womble

Post by Womble »

Have I missed something here? OP asks about pros/cons of a Himalayan and shortly after buys an FJ13...

I'll just say that I'm enjoying bike, only 6 months and 2000 miles in.
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
Onenoodles

Post by Onenoodles »

Womble wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:46 pm Have I missed something here? OP asks about pros/cons of a Himalayan and shortly after buys an FJ13...

I'll just say that I'm enjoying bike, only 6 months and 2000 miles in.
Dont know if you 'missed something' or not? I had sold my XT660z which I loved as I needed to raise some cash to help me change my car ... once that was sorted I knew how much I had to play with for a replacement bike. I looked at what XT's were available for my budget and I came to the conclusion that I would probably end up with a rough bike for my budget ... but the Himalayans seem to divide opinions so aked a question as they are pretty budget friendly ... read and watched stuff and decided that it was not for me ... I then thought about what touring I might want to do this year and if going off-road was vital to that ... decided it wasn't and so bought the FJR as it met my budget and touring plans and I will probably save up and get another XT at some point ... other folks joined in the tread about the Himmy's and that was great ... does that fill in the missing bit? ;)
Womble

Post by Womble »

:D sound enough to me, the usual bike riders dilemma when without a bike!

Enjoy the ride
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Hi
Any Himmie owner want to swap their standard seat for a custom made tall one ?
Thanks

Return to “BIKES”