chinese are coming

The Things We Ride
Magnusson

Re: chinese are coming

Post by Magnusson »

Scott_rider wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:46 am Looks good 8-) .

Why do all the manufacturers film videos of 'adventure' bikes to make them seem like they are enduro bikes? I doubt hardly any 790's will be ridden like that in the real world.
If you look closely at those videos you see there is almost never an "action" (jumps, wheelies, etc.) that is more than a second cut from each camera. Lots of different camera angles. There is no continuity in the course, just jump from one "action" to another. Almost all "action" is preceded and followed with easy terrain. Let us not forget the "exciting" background music that heightens the effect.
Truth is these are simple stunts, edited to look impressive.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Magnusson wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:29 am
Scott_rider wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:46 am Looks good 8-) .

Why do all the manufacturers film videos of 'adventure' bikes to make them seem like they are enduro bikes? I doubt hardly any 790's will be ridden like that in the real world.
If you look closely at those videos you see there is almost never an "action" (jumps, wheelies, etc.) that is more than a second cut from each camera. Lots of different camera angles. There is no continuity in the course, just jump from one "action" to another. Almost all "action" is preceded and followed with easy terrain. Let us not forget the "exciting" background music that heightens the effect.
Truth is these are simple stunts, edited to look impressive.
O yeah .. never noticed that .. I somehow thought it was a continuous strip of daring riding on a more than necessary powerful heavy machine.
But I did notice that ground conditions were excellent, no mud or really nadgery stretches.
I also noticed that the rider was supposed to be alone, no doubt reflecting the reality that most bikers are outcast loners lol?. Yet aware that many cameras and angles are accompanying lol.
Isn't the reality that even the smallest twitch of that fast powerful bike would leave such a rider alone and seriously injured in a deserted area with no phone connection?
I am wondering if actually, such contrived videos would put off the serious outback rider.
Still, .... a good sales ploy for the younger more delusioned punter?
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

And, of course, no real luggage. If panniers or top box are mounted you can bet they're empty.
Champagne taste on beer budget.

Return to “BIKES”