crf250 Rally

The Things We Ride
garyboy

Re: crf250 Rally

Post by garyboy »

nicely spotted, Bren .... its my back pack ... but it fitted so well over the tank that i am thinking of its possibility there?
It has my tools and puncture stuff in it, plus sometimes a flask.
I dont like weight over the front, but some say it is better.

I have been looking at rear racks and panniers, especially for the tools. Also there is the possibility of fitting a proper tool tube thingy?
Probably the latter, as i dont like the height of a rear rack, and i dont like the width of the silly panier frames they do these days.?

Any suggestions? (not rude ones :lol: )
rockdodger

Post by rockdodger »

Garyboy. I got some pegs from Bosley Pegs cos I couldn’t get on with the oem position. I got lower and set back a bit. If I remember rightly they weren’t cheap but they are well made.I’m sure if you send him your requirements he will knock you some up. Oh mine are wider as well.
Cheers
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Aw, cheers, Rocky .. Will investigate 8-)

[email protected]

have sent an email for price.
can't see price list?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

rear rack

bought it. lol
£63

Edit ..

Also bought a tank bag
from BikeTek £28, reduced from £35
Ebay got a 20% off spring offer.

Not sure if it will suit, but need storage on the bike, at fron, and really some rear soft luggage,
Don't really want wide hard pannier frames,
so hoping I can fix something to the solid rear rack, once arrived and fixed.

I'm not putting links up, as they seem to give my full name and address and inside leg measurement. :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Well, I've not had a reply off Bosley pegs, but not too worried as I got to watch the dosh now, as my pension income is about to lessen significantly, due to Tory col scam, and greed, and landlord jump on the bandwagon racketeering . Don't know if things will improve.. certainly not for this coming year. Others seem to have it a lot worse than me ...( people that work hard for an inadequate low wage.) (Still, as long as liz and quarzy have provided for themselves is the main, eh? )

I did however, order one of those jump start power packs, while I can still afford it, even though I have managed for half a century of bike riding, lol. TBF I need it for my other( road) bike, as it is dct, and can't be push started.

I just missed the 20% off, from ebay, doh, and paid £40 whereas if I'd been quicker I could have got a slightly less powerful but slimmer one for £28. The £40 one, though, has a usb power-in charger from a cigarette lighter type connector.

I am still trying to attain the perfect tyre pressure for the crf but finding it will vary anyway with trail conditions.. wet,dry, rocky, grass, mud etc. Atm I put in 13/13 psi. I tried lower but a bit squirrely and worried about rock pinch punctures, and higher pressures seem to be too squirrely as well. At least I got a tyre pressure gauge, at last. Lol. One that actually seems to work, I mean.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

well ... don't know if i dun right .. but i have ordered a aluminium lowering link from china ... only £38.99 ?????? .. vat paid .. from amazon ???

I have already lowered the rear shock by 20mm (on the shock) probably lowering the seat by 3" .. ???
But this is still too high for me !!!.... ok, I can ride it ok but i got no confidence really, as i cant dab me foot down, can't do those classy skid cicles with a foot down, as i can't reach the floor properly.

Its adjustable (with cams inside the ends) so i am hoping that i can lower the seat another inch or 2, without hitting the shock with the linkage, or bashing something along the way. But any lowering at all will help.

I'm not sure if there an import charge but its below 135 and in any case the sums are very low.

Am i being stupid ( no need to answer )

The ergos atm are good, but the front needs to come down an inch or so too (atm its just 10mm lower) so i am thinking raise the bars up 2" too. So overall should end up a out as now but an inch or 2 lower??? wishful thinking??

I would have prefered the steel screw up type (like soupys, and can be `adjusted` by sawing lol) but these were really cheap on amazon.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

from jfg racing (in china?)
Image20230411_163309 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

the £38 lowering link has arrived from China .. don't seem to be any extra charges, and delivery was free.
its at least £100 cheaper than the branded ones.
Seems strong and well made.
Last edited by garyboy on Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

O .. the rear rack arrived a few days ago. Easy to fit, no struggle to align holes etc.
£63 from jinao in china ?.
seems very strong, though heavy.
no pic atm, but looks nice, in black gloss.
this was also delivery from china too, I think (ebay) .. by royal mail in the uk leg of the journey, from heathrow.

Images-l500 (1) by gary boy, on Flickr

i see they area advertised for £112 or £93 now, from other sellers?
(mine was via an ebay spring deal)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

not so good luck with the tank bag from ebay .. delivery firm seem to have messed up, but tbf the shop to deliver to was not signed at the frontage. I requested a refund. (Refund later sent)

Anyone recommend a good (or fair) Tank Bag that will fit the crf 250 rally nicely? (prefer straps to magnets).
Last edited by garyboy on Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “BIKES”