AJP PR7 Owners?

The Things We Ride
catcitrus

Re: AJP PR7 Owners?

Post by catcitrus »

thanks for the offer--the problem is always that making moulds takes weeks and just selling one or two is not realistic. Maybe simple stuff where I can take an impression off a relatively simple part would be possible
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:05 pm Can't wait to hear some feedback on the bike
Had mine 2 years now. No problems encountered. Had " full power" kit from the start which really wakes the bike up, albeit with increased induction & exhaust noise.
Build quality on my bike is excellent, tough plastics that put others (KTM etc) to shame. No need for expensive bling add-ons on this bike.
Sensible fuel capacity, low CofG
It is comfortable, handles well on/off road and is economical.
Criticisms? The fuel gauge is VERY non-linear, questionable headlights and the rear shock preload is a bi*ch to access.

There has been a lot of internet chat about throttle sensitivity, particularly on the "full power" kitted versions however I think your opinion probably depends upon what you've ridden before...

This bike could/should put the "rally add on" accessory companies out of business if only the factory could make it in greater numbers imo.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

catcitrus wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:12 pm thanks for the offer--the problem is always that making moulds takes weeks and just selling one or two is not realistic. Maybe simple stuff where I can take an impression off a relatively simple part would be possible
A exhaust heat shield for the area just behind the RH footpeg would be both simple and welcome.

Anybody who has moved their hot PR7 whilst wearing shorts will know why... :roll: :lol:
OB1

Post by OB1 »

catcitrus wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:12 pm thanks for the offer--the problem is always that making moulds takes weeks and just selling one or two is not realistic. Maybe simple stuff where I can take an impression off a relatively simple part would be possible

I was thinking of something like these frame protectors?

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

They would have to be a full press mould as they have to fit on the inside and look smooth etc on the outside--and then there is some detail trimming. Even I don't bother with these and use injection moulded parts that are as cheap as chips(e.g. for my Yam wr250R) that have been produced in volume--or I simply do what KTM do and profile some thick self adhesive vinyl type stuff or stair tread type material (after smoothing out the real roughness on the outside).
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

See

Richard Simpson Mark II

Great film of major service here...it's in French, but there are subtitles and the guy is so expressive you can understand him even without knowing much French

Richard Simpson Mark II

I have to say that the more I see of these, the better I like the look of them...not seen one in the flesh yet. In view of the price, perhaps I better stay away from Thor Motorcycles until he's sold both his!
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

OB1 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:30 pm
I was thinking of something like these frame protectors?

I have a set of these from Thork, I think they are "printed". After some use, they have cracked, too brittle imo.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Crossrutted wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:52 pm I have a set of these from Thork, I think they are "printed". After some use, they have cracked, too brittle imo.

Thanks for the info!

I was out and about at a local meeting last night: loads of interest in the bike.
bentley.png
bentley.png (789.07 KiB) Viewed 4716 times
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “BIKES”