AJP PR7 Owners?

The Things We Ride
Crossrutted

Re: AJP PR7 Owners?

Post by Crossrutted »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:37 am Well....I was unable to stay away from Thor Motorcycles and had a look at the PR7s yesterday.

Fantastic bikes, but....

1) Like the shite-heap Husky TE610E I was once stupid enough to buy, they seem very reluctant to start. The guy couldn't get the 'kitted' one to fire at all, and the standard was took two or three goes. The sound of them 'turning not burning' was very familiar. He said it was because they were brand-new...do they get better? Surely with fuel injection they should just spin over twice, then fire?

2) The forks are really stiff...is this just 'new component' stiction?

What is the experience of owners?
I've had my PR7 for three years now, it has been excellent.

Cold starting is straightforward in spring/summer UK ambients, a little more involved in Winter - possibly due to needing to "wake up" the lithium battery, however it always starts.

I had a SWM RS650R (same engine) before, that too took a couple of stabs plus slight throttle to start.

Regarding suspension, I've uprated both front and rear springs to match my weight (bulk...), riding style and occasional (soft) luggage.

After 3 years ownership I still think there is nothing comparable available to buy.
OB1

Re: AJP PR7 Owners?

Post by OB1 »

This is me starting my PR7 from cold in January 2022 when the bike used to live outside in all weather. I hadn't started it for 16 days and the temperatures had been below freezing during the nights. Let the battery warm up and there shouldn't be a problem.

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “BIKES”