Bullet 500 Trials Edition ???

The Things We Ride
soho

Re: Bullet 500 Trials Edition ???

Post by soho »

EWR wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:43 pm
soho wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:13 pm Can anyone tell me ANYthing about this bike drawing on personal experience ?

I'm not short of bikes by any means, but I'm drawn to getting one of these to keep solely for messing about shopping and plodding about town.

The one bike I can easily live without is my blade (knees & neck) :o and I'm thinking of replacing it with something like this. At
4 1/2 Grand it seems a perfect laugh................Or is it ?? :arrow:
Royal_Enfield_Bullet_Trials_Edition_Main-3.png
My father has one (in the same mint green colour).

I can attest it rides like any other Bullett which is to say it has an appealing old-fashioned, easy charm if you accept it for what it is. It's nicely finished and has been reliable - some find that the seat springs can be little harsh and he swapped those for something softer. Of course, it's no lightweight but it's easy to man-handle and it sits nice and low.

It is used primarily for pottering around local lanes which it excels it. He has whittled his extensive collection down to just this as his last bike (admittedly he's 80-plus) but it does everything he needs. It looks great in the flesh too.
Thank you my new best friend ! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear from an actual owner/rider. Much more welcome than "worst purchase you could make" (which of course I would have heeded had it been said ). Although I'm only mostly 65years old,my back could now be 80'ish! :)

Thanks.
EWR

Post by EWR »

soho wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:55 pm
EWR wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:43 pm
soho wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:13 pm Can anyone tell me ANYthing about this bike drawing on personal experience ?

I'm not short of bikes by any means, but I'm drawn to getting one of these to keep solely for messing about shopping and plodding about town.

The one bike I can easily live without is my blade (knees & neck) :o and I'm thinking of replacing it with something like this. At
4 1/2 Grand it seems a perfect laugh................Or is it ?? :arrow:
Royal_Enfield_Bullet_Trials_Edition_Main-3.png
My father has one (in the same mint green colour).

I can attest it rides like any other Bullett which is to say it has an appealing old-fashioned, easy charm if you accept it for what it is. It's nicely finished and has been reliable - some find that the seat springs can be little harsh and he swapped those for something softer. Of course, it's no lightweight but it's easy to man-handle and it sits nice and low.

It is used primarily for pottering around local lanes which it excels it. He has whittled his extensive collection down to just this as his last bike (admittedly he's 80-plus) but it does everything he needs. It looks great in the flesh too.
Thank you my new best friend ! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear from an actual owner/rider. Much more welcome than "worst purchase you could make" (which of course I would have heeded had it been said ). Although I'm only mostly 65years old,my back could now be 80'ish! :)

Thanks.
A picture of my father's bike:
Attachments
P1010830.JPG
P1010830.JPG (275.94 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

soho;

Might you have a local 'Royal Enfield' dealership maybe near you that you could try get a test-ride at some point..? I appreciate during these lockdown times this probably won't be available.

Have you viewed reviews via YouTube..? Just a thought.

Regards;
Peter
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
ErikGustav2

Post by ErikGustav2 »

My view:

Go ahead and buy one while it is possible.
Production has stopped.

If you find out that the bike is not what you like,
there will be people willing to buy it.

Have fun
Bojer

Post by Bojer »

I keep looking at them myself , only a slightly modified standard Bullet but to my eyes they look "right" , as suggested a test ride will let you know very quickly if its a bike for you :-) . Good fun IMO , not necessarily efficient but entertaining in an easy way .
Having had a 500T , a Himalayan and a CGT 535 I have a bit of bias .
Attachments
GT in Cambs ..jpeg
GT in Cambs ..jpeg (289.71 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
RE Northants..jpg
RE Northants..jpg (100.01 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
RE 500T.JPG
RE 500T.JPG (177.52 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

soho;

Have you looked at the different model, R.E. 650cc Interceptor...?

mac
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
soho

Post by soho »

macvisual wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:50 pm soho;

Have you looked at the different model, R.E. 650cc Interceptor...?

mac
NO !.....................

alright maybe this one
Royal Enfield Scrambler 650 01.png
Royal Enfield Scrambler 650 01.png (948.89 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
No seriously mate,It's the particular bike in the title I'm looking at and if I don't go for it I could always pull my lazy arse finger out and modify one of the bikes I already have to fit the same slot/use. (as if I haven't got enough ongoing projects !) Read "ongoing" as shoulda' been done and finished long ago. :)
ErikGustav2

Post by ErikGustav2 »

Used in the correct environment

https://www.nomadicknights.com/our-motorcycles/
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

A 19 plate red framed bike has come up for sale on UKGSer today £3950. Up in Co.Durham I think.
IMG_20210205_121522[1].jpg
IMG_20210205_121522[1].jpg (167.04 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
soho

Post by soho »

Tonibe63 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:11 pm A 19 plate red framed bike has come up for sale on UKGSer today £3950. Up in Co.Durham I think.
IMG_20210205_121522[1].jpg
Thank you for the heads up, but probably going for Green paint.
( It's more than a dozen years since I logged into UKGS, although they still remember my birthday every year ! :shock: :D (now what was my password ?...Tract.....? :o :o :o )

PPs: Just logged in to make a cheeky offer of a FireBlade + cash, but it's a restricted thread for subscribers only ! :D Never mind, Green it is !

Return to “BIKES”