Moto Guzzi V7 iii (Any experience)

The Things We Ride
Asgard

Re: Moto Guzzi V7 iii (Any experience)

Post by Asgard »

It just looks right doesn't it?
Though Ive loaned, borrowed and ridden quite a few road bikes.....I've never actually owned a pure road bike.
If I ever do it will be something like this Guzzi
Its a trick............get an Axe
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

A bit over-long and with a contrived 'Top Trumps' format but interesting.

The Triumph comes out best, but so it should at the money!

And I've realised why the Guzzi is so cheap...who chooses the paint colours?

Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Well done on being able to listen to that trio for more than 10 seconds Richard 8-)
Its a trick............get an Axe
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Asgard wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:44 pm It just looks right doesn't it?
Though Ive loaned, borrowed and ridden quite a few road bikes.....I've never actually owned a pure road bike.
If I ever do it will be something like this Guzzi

Agreed regarding the visuals! I guess I'd ignore the "shortcomings" the reviewers highlight as it does " just look right" as you say
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Asgard wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:19 am Well done on being able to listen to that trio for more than 10 seconds Richard 8-)
I confess to fastfwding a few times...and why was the horrible music so loud?
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

I had a V7 for two days while my V85TT was in for a service. I did about 200miles.

It’s small and low. It felt like my knees were up by my ears when I first sat on it. Lots of weight on my bum, but the seat is very soft and I never got really uncomfortable. It’s not hugely powerful but the torque curve must be very flat as it pulls from very low Revs, but then it never really gets going as Revs build. Perfect for pootling about back lanes. It felt light with all the weight carried low and was easy to swing through bends. I really enjoyed the back lanes across the Yorkshire Dales. I took it up to about 80 on a bypass road it got there quick enough but with no screen it was hard to hang on and speed dropped back to 60-65 which was ok. Not made for long dual carriageway or motorway trips.

Fixtures and fittings were basic and traditional but the dash and lights were good with all the usual modern info available. Suspension was rubbish, definitely in need of an upgrade. Brakes were fine and are abs too.

It’s a cool looking bike oozing character. I REALLY liked it apart from the size. It would probably struggle two-up especially with the crap sudoension.

At around £7k and 4 years warranty it’s great vfm if you fit it and can get on with it’s character.

Return to “BIKES”