My new scooter

The Things We Ride
markoh

Re: My new scooter

Post by markoh »

crofty wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:06 pm The sh300 was on my radar because of the bigger wheels, but i felt the Forza just had the edge on weather protection.
Taking one out for a ride on Monday.
Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul »

crofty wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:06 pm The sh300 was on my radar because of the bigger wheels, but i felt the Forza just had the edge on weather protection.
I've had both. I didn't think I would but I preferred the SH. I actually found it more comfortable.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

How’s the Forza behaving? What sort of mpg are you getting out of it now?
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
crofty

Post by crofty »

Hi Chris. Its going great, i get about 80/85 mpg. I have only done a few hundred miles on it as I really bought it for the winter. I am going to put it off the road at the end of this month so I can use my V Strom a bit more. What i like about it is the performance, costs, storage and the ease of use.
I really think its a contender for touring with the underseat storage. I have done a little bit of touring on small bikes like you but feel the performance just a little too limiting so hopefully the Forza will change that.
Liked your pics of the Vercors, and the Stelvio picture was great.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Cheers mate,
I might test ride one!
Although my trip was amazing and I wouldn’t have wanted to have done it on any other bike I also recognise that if I wanted to bomb down to the south of France or even just up to Scotland, I may not have the time to spend leisurely riding at 30mph all the way 😂
That’s where a sub 400cc scooter might come into its own
The Meandering Moustache

Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Just put a deposit on a forza 300 but the old 2016 shape. I really liked the new ones, they look better and probably handle better too but liked the slightly retro look of the older one. Not sure when I get to pick it up....
The Meandering Moustache

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Sorry I just don't get it 300cc plus on a scootet that has no luggage capacity and is heavy... I had a gilera runner 200cc on the camper and that was fun but bugger all engine braking.... In the Slovenian alps it's brakes faided due to heat... And in the pyrenees it lacked power... Okay as a work tool..

The suzuki van van is pure fun ina crazy way... Big wheels and gears.... Any mountain or gravel track is game..
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Tramp wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:45 pm Sorry I just don't get it 300cc plus on a scootet that has no luggage capacity and is heavy... I had a gilera runner 200cc on the camper and that was fun but bugger all engine braking.... In the Slovenian alps it's brakes faided due to heat... And in the pyrenees it lacked power... Okay as a work tool..

The suzuki van van is pure fun ina crazy way... Big wheels and gears.... Any mountain or gravel track is game..
Lacked power? You should try 9.3bhp up the Stelvio 😂😂😂
Seriously though, everyone is different and good job too or we’d only have one bike available
The Meandering Moustache

Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Talking of Hp. I want one of these as i belive they are due out soonish
Attachments
94FC9C0C-5960-4164-BE22-D75EAAE78368.png
94FC9C0C-5960-4164-BE22-D75EAAE78368.png (346.25 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
crofty

Post by crofty »

Tramp wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:45 pm Sorry I just don't get it 300cc plus on a scootet that has no luggage capacity and is heavy... I had a gilera runner 200cc on the camper and that was fun but bugger all engine braking.... In the Slovenian alps it's brakes faided due to heat... And in the pyrenees it lacked power... Okay as a work tool..

Hi Russ, the Forza has loads of luggage capacity under the seat, I also have a Givi topbox which is common to both my bikes. i reckon thats over a 100 litres. I had a crf250l which has the same engine minus 35cc so wasn't expecting much but I was wrong it sits at 70mph comfortably.
Maybe on paper its heavy but it doesn't feel bad moving it around.

Look forward to your impressions on the new Forza Chris, mine is the old style too but if it works out then i will upgrade to a new one or a XMAX.

Return to “BIKES”