4ride: owners' thoughts?

The Things We Ride
diggermanbob

Re: 4ride: owners' thoughts?

Post by diggermanbob »

johnnyboxer wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:17 pm
diggermanbob wrote:I have a Repsol 4rt and love it,also just got myself a Scorpa sy250 , Yamaha engine great little bike will climb a mountain , :D :D
I have a TYZ - superb engines, torquey as a 4stroke
Yes I like the look of the tyz and I still have some room in the garage !!!
johnnyboxer

4ride: owners' thoughts?

Post by johnnyboxer »

diggermanbob wrote:
diggermanbob wrote:I have a Repsol 4rt and love it,also just got myself a Scorpa sy250 , Yamaha engine great little bike will climb a mountain , :D :D

Mine ...with quite a few mods and now rides like a modern bike
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:26 pm The old Pampera still takes a bit of beating...still got my MkIII, which I bought new as one of the last 2 to be imported to the UK.
Must remember to ride it...
Great bikes , I have the mk111 and apart from the small fuel tank it's a great trail bike and so light to pick up , I carry an extra 2litres of fuel in fuel friend on rear and that's 8litres in total so happy days.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:02 am
diggermanbob wrote:

Nice bike Johnny , I was tempted to buy one but tried a mates sy and really liked it. What mods have you done to yours.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

diggermanbob wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:07 am
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:26 pm The old Pampera still takes a bit of beating...still got my MkIII, which I bought new as one of the last 2 to be imported to the UK.
Great bikes , I have the mk111 and apart from the small fuel tank it's a great trail bike and so light to pick up , I carry an extra 2litres of fuel in fuel friend on rear and that's 8litres in total so happy days.
I had 3 at different times, the last one I fully stripped and got the frame power coated. Still got a set of homemade footrest brackets and shortened rear brake pedal so you can get some weight over the rear wheel for grip.
IMG_20200609_171347.jpg
IMG_20200609_171347.jpg (77.12 KiB) Viewed 1966 times
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Tonibe63 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:05 pm
diggermanbob wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:07 am
I had 3 at different times, the last one I fully stripped and got the frame power coated. Still got a set of homemade footrest brackets and shortened rear brake pedal so you can get some weight over the rear wheel for grip.
IMG_20200609_171347.jpg
Are the parts of a mk111 if so would you like to sell them ?
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

They are off a mk111 but they are home made ..... by me and to be honest I'd sooner keep them just incase (you know how it is).
Simple enough for a man of your calibre to fabricate Bob.
The front mounting (box section) fits into the front footrest holes and bolted through, the original front footrests are fitted into the slots half way along the brackets using the original pivot pins and return springs, then the single rear mounting hole fits where the rear footrests go (you can refit the rear footrests too of you use longer bolts).
The rear brake pedal was an ebay item which was cut&shut.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

diggermanbob wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:02 am
diggermanbob wrote:

Nice bike Johnny , I was tempted to buy one but tried a mates sy and really liked it. What mods have you done to yours.
Just the WES silencer for more torque, by me

Main alterations are to the frame and around the headstock to make it turn like a modern bike (and it does)
Headstock has been braced above rad and sides machined out to give more lock - some nice alloy fabrication been done
Foot peg brackets have been made to move pegs further back

Engines in TYZ and Scorpa SY are different, where Scorpa altered internals to make it more revvy (flywheel & exhaust) I guess

TYZ is slower to rev but has torque like a 4T
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “BIKES”