The Yamaha Tenere thread

The Things We Ride
minkyhead

Re: The Yamaha Tenere thread

Post by minkyhead »

could have been worse ///t7 throttle ....
ot a set of rally forks in the garage if hes damaged them bad
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

YouTube of a couple riding the Norwegian TET on their T7's, 5 minutes in and :o

Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Well that’s out a bit of a dampener on things.....
Last edited by OnHellas on Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

OnHellas wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:14 am Well that’s out a bit of a dampener in things.....
Not really, it's real life. I've followed their journey since the accident which has also been real life. It's actually more of a possibility for most of us rather than the unrealistic action shots of some riding god which I know I will never achieve.
Even bad stuff can be inspirational ;)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

oooooooh at first i were thinking there showing amazing trust in the tyres ...didnt expect the missing bridge outcome
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Tonibe63 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:22 am
OnHellas wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:14 am Well that’s out a bit of a dampener in things.....
Not really, it's real life. I've followed their journey since the accident which has also been real life. It's actually more of a possibility for most of us rather than the unrealistic action shots of some riding god which I know I will never achieve.
Even bad stuff can be inspirational ;)
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been unfortunate enough to experience some real life on an extended bike trip. Trip ending stuff.

What I meant was, we were all making jokes on the thread and then we came to the sudden stop.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Apparently this bridge was washed away quite a few years ago.
However the terrain is such that if you aren't paying very close attention, or know about it, it can be missed in time to react.
Which is what happened here.
Kenneth was worse off, but the girl fractured her spine.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Very interesting video. Great response from her, and from the emergency services. Shit like this can happen. If you rode slow enough to notice every theoretical unexpected invisible hazard you'd might as well walk. Part of off-road biking is risk. They just got very unlucky.

I like her sense of humour. When he says he hopes their plans are not affected she says:

"Every one of our plans is fucked, babe". "But at least you don't look like a dead fish" :lol:

There's nothing like a big dose of honesty! And she even kept filming it all, in English!

Thank goodness it didn't happen somewhere like DRC. No helicopters there. No rangers on quads. Not much of a health service to speak of. That's when you really are fucked.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:47 am Very interesting video. Great response from her, and from the emergency services. Shit like this can happen. If you rode slow enough to notice every theoretical unexpected invisible hazard you'd might as well walk. Part of off-road biking is risk. They just got very unlucky.

I like her sense of humour. When he says he hopes their plans are not affected she says:

"Every one of our plans is fucked, babe". "But at least you don't look like a dead fish" :lol:

There's nothing like a big dose of honesty! And she even kept filming it all, in English!

Thank goodness it didn't happen somewhere like DRC. No helicopters there. No rangers on quads. Not much of a health service to speak of. That's when you really are fucked.
She is an ITU nurse, as is our Daughter who has the same matter of fact and unflappable personality 8-) .
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Just watched the next episode :( he was in bad way. Bowel and stomach in pieces....
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).

Return to “BIKES”