Did I read that someone was considering an SWM?

The Things We Ride
OnHellas

Did I read that someone was considering an SWM?

Post by OnHellas »

Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Did I read that someone was considering an SWM?

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Good price, but there's no UK importer ATM, until someone takes over 3X motorcycles or the franchise goes elsewhere.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Good point, I may have had an AJP mix up in my mind.
Martin at Torque Racing is the importer for AJP I think?
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Still a good bike, you'd just have to take a punt on warranty
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

would be interested to here fromanyone with a swm rs650r enduro for sale :D :D
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Over a year ago, when I was looking for an RTW bike, the SWM was on my shortlist and the Adventure Bike Shop is local to me (about 30 miles away) so I went to have a look at this actual bike. It turned out that they had three SuperDuals... but they were all different. One had a 19" front wheel while the other two had 21" and I think that they were all different ages but they wanted the same amount of money for all three... The owner of the shop was talking about selling the shop, amongst other things, so I wasn't really enamoured by his sales tactics... Saying that I've bought plenty of stuff from them in the past as they are a Klim dealership. All in all, they are really nice bikes but I was put off by too many inconsistencies, the lack of dealer support anywhere outside of the Western World and the fact that I saw one online at another dealer for around a grand cheaper.
IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1389.JPG (108.18 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

minkyhead wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 pm would be interested to here fromanyone with a swm rs650r enduro for sale :D :D
I sold mine recently and they are few and far between now. They are highly regarded in Australia as a long distance mid weight trail bike. SWM warranty will still be honoured by the dealers who are sourcing their new bikes directly from SWM as there is no main importer since the demise of three cross. SWM is a big player now with a modern factory and a huge chinese backer who seems to be letting SWM do their own thing. I carried out the following modifications to my bike.
1. Luggage rack from the U.S.A(subframe is a weak point on this bike as were the old Husqvarna and without the braces you can only carry 5kg on the rack) This was from Nomadic racks.
2.SWM Superdual gear lever(this is longer and better quality than the original and you can actually use it if you have large feet/boots)
3. Superdual frame and screen(this bolts straight on if you change your cable guide at the same time)
4. I had the seat re-upholstered by a local tradesman who copied the profile of the "Seat Concepts" seat. The original seat is uncomfortable and has a stepped profile just where you want to sit.
The rest of the mods were as you would personalise your own bike like handguards,sumpguard,Power socket for GPS etc. I made up heat shields for the twin silencers so i could fit soft panniers.Pannier frames are available from Barret Australia but expensive to buy and ship
The original silencers have cats fitted and are very heavy so many people de-cat them or change to Arrow pipes and have the bike re-mapped by their SWM dealer. I had the full power map installed from new(dealers are the only people with the correct cables and Maya software to do this)
I loved the bike but wanted something more sedate and road biased so i bought a Royal Enfield Himalayan.
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

I was looking at them for some long distance trips - on paper and from Aussie reviews they look a great option.
But lack of world wide back up has put me off a little - they’re still in the mix though.

Return to “BIKES”