Changing from a 1200GS to a Honda?

The Things We Ride
DanielS

Re: Changing from a 1200GS to a Honda?

Post by DanielS »

stramasher wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:47 am .....
I would be looking at an Africa Twin dct if you are wanting to scratch that fancy gearbox itch, as i said its a marvel. The Africa Twin to me feels much thinner and spindlier. A dirt bike compared to the CT.

Let us know how you get on.
Thanks for this. I'm 5 foot 6 (and a half) and about 10 stone ... think I'll give the 1200X a miss and get a test ride on an AT (Probably with a low seat) and a NX750 a go. Much appreciated for the great info.
stramasher

Re: Changing from a 1200GS to a Honda?

Post by stramasher »

DanielS wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:50 pm
stramasher wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:47 am .....
I would be looking at an Africa Twin dct if you are wanting to scratch that fancy gearbox itch, as i said its a marvel. The Africa Twin to me feels much thinner and spindlier. A dirt bike compared to the CT.

Let us know how you get on.
Thanks for this. I'm 5 foot 6 (and a half) and about 10 stone ... think I'll give the 1200X a miss and get a test ride on an AT (Probably with a low seat) and a NX750 a go. Much appreciated for the great info.
Mate in work sold a lovely mint CB650F and bought a 2020 NC750X DCT at the weekend. Still restricted up here (well morally for some of us) but he is loving its city manners. He said he had wished he had read the manual before going out. He had it in "D" Drive mode and felt he was accelerating into roundabouts. Little engine breaking.

2nd run out and well read, put in "S" Sport and was a happy chappy. Hangs on to the gears more. Which is probably where most folk would be riding in the rev range. Best saving "D" for m/way slogs.

Return to “BIKES”