New bike, but it’s chinese!!

The Things We Ride
The dogs

New bike, but it’s chinese!!

Post by The dogs »

Hi folks,

Wanted something that wouldn’t break the bank so decided to contact my local Benelli dealer who was kind enough to put a trade plate on it for me to give the TRK 502 a run. What a great bike, how do the do it for the money. I’ve kept my gs but I tell you what you’d have to be a complete snob not to be impressed by these. So much so I bought the bike and it now lives in my garage. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
macvisual

Re: New bike, but it’s chinese!!

Post by macvisual »

wOw that looks the business, health to enjoy....!

I love the registration number plate.

mac
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
The dogs

Post by The dogs »

Hi Mac, That's a trade plate which the dealer attaches to allow you to the ride the bike pre registration of a new bike. Looks like you and I are top and bottom of the British Isles. Your in Scotland and I'm in the Channel Islands. Couldn't be much further apart and still be in the uk.
Tink

Post by Tink »

I think there a cracking bike 👍
I took one out for a test ride at The ABR festival last year... I'm thinking about selling my CRF250L and buying one 👍🍻😎
Screenshot_20200512-204210.png
Screenshot_20200512-204210.png (384.77 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Reminds me of the 'badge engineering' test that Top Gear did with the Skoda, slap a Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM or whatever main stream badge on the tank and the public will be all over it.

TTFN

Hugh.
The dogs

Post by The dogs »

Tink wrote:I think there a cracking bike Image
I took one out for a test ride at The ABR festival last year... I'm thinking about selling my CRF250L and buying one ImageImageImage
Screenshot_20200512-204210.png
Yes Mac they are. Looks like you test rode the 502X with the spoked wheels and the nineteen inch front. I was there, stayed just outside in Alcester for 3 days. Was coming up this year but C19 mucked it up. At the mo Benelli dealers are offering five hundred quid off 2019 TRK 502 bikes so definitely worth a look. Especially if the Givi Trekker Panniers are in on the deal like mine were. If you are thinking about it, but a little worried about the seat to foot peg relationship and a little cramped for you I was the same, then I fitted a Cool Cover made for GS and also took off the bolted rubber foot inserts. Takes the bend out of your lower leg.

Tink

Post by Tink »

The dogs wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 pm
Tink wrote:I think there a cracking bike Image
I took one out for a test ride at The ABR festival last year... I'm thinking about selling my CRF250L and buying one ImageImageImageScreenshot_20200512-204210.png
Yes Mac they are. Looks like you test rode the 502X with the spoked wheels and the nineteen inch front. I was there, stayed just outside in Alcester for 3 days. Was coming up this year but C19 mucked it up. At the mo Benelli dealers are offering five hundred quid off 2019 TRK 502 bikes so definitely worth a look. Especially if the Givi Trekker Panniers are in on the deal like mine were. If you are thinking about it, but a little worried about the seat to foot peg relationship and a little cramped for you I was the same, then I fitted a Cool Cover made for GS and also took off the bolted rubber foot inserts. Takes the bend out of your lower leg.

Thanks for the advice on helping sort lower leg, as that was the only negative thing I found on it, good to know that it's easily sorted 😎👍🍻🍻
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I dont know about quality or longevity of the Chinese bikes .. but they sure got the styling right.

good classic looks and sensible straight seats, for both rider and pillion 8-) 8-)
The dogs

Post by The dogs »

I’m impressed to say the least. Time will tell I’m sure but at the mo it’s a job to fault them especially for five grand otr.

macvisual

Post by macvisual »

So, are they a 500cc parallel twin or a single cylinder...? What BHP output are they...?

mac
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa

Return to “BIKES”