XRV750 THE Honda @T...

The Things We Ride
SteveR

XRV750 THE Honda @T...

Post by SteveR »

Any owners still on here please?

I have a question on parts suppliers for new and 2nd hand engine parts for a mate in Brazil...
OnHellas

Re: XRV750 THE Honda @T...

Post by OnHellas »

I’ve still got one. An RD04.

HMSNL were a good source of new Honda parts a few years back. Also Lings in Norfolk and Fowler’s in Bristol.

I expect Markvb will be along at some point with some more info
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

I’ve used both David Silvers and Wemoto for new parts on my RD07
Neil M

Post by Neil M »

Ruggedroads.co.uk still good for lots of AT parts.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Plus one on David Silver excellent service, there’s not much he doesn’t have in stock. Very obliging phone staff!
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Plus one on David Silver excellent service, there’s not much he doesn’t have in stock. Very obliging phone staff!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Thanks all. I will point Osvalter at this thread!

He knew of Lings already, and I mentioned Divd Silver who I have used for ages too :D

I was not certain how much in the way of actual spares RR have, I know they were good on accessories and oddities and modded parts such as the fuel pump...
Barftone

Post by Barftone »

Jonathon at Rugged Roads is a guru of AT knowledge and parts
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

I've mostly used my local Honda dealer, Kent M/C's, for spares, they are helpful and normally give a useful discount. Not that I've needed many spares with the AT being so robust! However, I've learnt that pattern service items are often rubbish by comparison and now generally only use OEM stuff.
Rugged Roads have also been very helpful in the past and make wonderful engine bars!
It is a bit of a worry since many dedicated spares are now no longer made by Honda albeit many items still seem to be in stock at Honda Europe. For s/h parts eBay Germany is reputed to be a good source as the AT was very popular there.
Edit - I should add that xrv.org.uk is still a good source of AT info, including on spares.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

mark vb wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:16 pm I've mostly used my local Honda dealer, Kent M/C's, for spares, they are helpful and normally give a useful discount. Not that I've needed many spares with the AT being so robust! However, I've learnt that pattern service items are often rubbish by comparison and now generally only use OEM stuff.
Rugged Roads have also been very helpful in the past and make wonderful engine bars!
It is a bit of a worry since many dedicated spares are now no longer made by Honda albeit many items still seem to be in stock at Honda Europe. For s/h parts eBay Germany is reputed to be a good source as the AT was very popular there.
Edit - I should add that xrv.org.uk is still a good source of AT info, including on spares.
Good one on the German offerings, I hadn't thought of this outlet. We are both on xrv (a bit) although it seems to be suffering a slow decline... Once the social aspect went, it started the rot as well as folks moving on with their machines ;-)

I guess any bike that is getting on in years will start to struggle on spares availability... Osvalter is wanting to complete a top end overhaul, so is needing engine spares, and my suspicion is OEM is best here...

Return to “BIKES”