Sinnis blade opinions

The Things We Ride
Godspeed

Re: Sinnis blade opinions

Post by Godspeed »

I guess the alternative would be to find a good Honda XR125L. It’s got the bombproof CG125 engine, reliable electrics, and definitely robust enough for anything you’d want to do on it. And at £1500 for a good one you’d barely loose anything in depreciation over 5 years.
Just a thought
Oh and they can do long distance travel too, here’s mine heading up from Spain through France and home, fully laden with camping gear and everything and still managed a bit of off road on the way 👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Tink

Post by Tink »

Godspeed wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:55 pm I guess the alternative would be to find a good Honda XR125L. It’s got the bombproof CG125 engine, reliable electrics, and definitely robust enough for anything you’d want to do on it. And at £1500 for a good one you’d barely loose anything in depreciation over 5 years.
Just a thought
Oh and they can do long distance travel too, here’s mine heading up from Spain through France and home, fully laden with camping gear and everything and still managed a bit of off road on the way 👍
That's great film Chris 👌👌👌...
How long were you gone for? How many miles?

Respect!!!👏😉😎
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Cheers mate. That was just a one week 1000 mile jaunt :roll:
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

I will concur that a XR125L is a great little bike, my ex misses had one as a first bike and I used it green laning a few times and it did everything I needed.

Only bad thing back then was front tyre choice was very very limited, something that has improved somewhat. If you can find a clean one then it would be a great buy but i tend to find most local to me have either been owned by a spanner monkey or have been used for courier work.

Even if the Sinnis is linked braking (something i was totally unaware of ref Euro bullshit) is there no option for a regular set up?.
Tink

Post by Tink »

HoboBeemer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:20 am I will concur that a XR125L is a great little bike, my ex misses had one as a first bike and I used it green laning a few times and it did everything I needed.

Only bad thing back then was front tyre choice was very very limited, something that has improved somewhat. If you can find a clean one then it would be a great buy but i tend to find most local to me have either been owned by a spanner monkey or have been used for courier work.

Even if the Sinnis is linked braking (something i was totally unaware of ref Euro bullshit) is there no option for a regular set up?.
I'll look into that👍👍👍👍👍👍
Bojer

Post by Bojer »

Drop a 21" front wheel into the Adrenaline as an option ? I did try my Apache 250 with the 17" front and even I could tell the difference :roll: .

I was impressed how well the little 125 pulled my 100kg along and in a strange way its torquey , in that its not easy to stall - got good traction too even on the original tyres .

The thing that always annoyed me was the insurance always seemed disproportionatly expensive .
Bojer

Post by Bojer »

WP_20170917_12_07_55_Pro.jpg
WP_20170917_12_07_55_Pro.jpg (189.66 KiB) Viewed 2881 times
Tink

Post by Tink »

Bojer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 am Drop a 21" front wheel into the Adrenaline as an option ? I did try my Apache 250 with the 17" front and even I could tell the difference :roll: .

I was impressed how well the little 125 pulled my 100kg along and in a strange way its torquey , in that its not easy to stall - got good traction too even on the original tyres .

The thing that always annoyed me was the insurance always seemed disproportionatly expensive .
It is strange how the insurance is high on these Chinese bikes 🙄🙄.... What bike are you riding nowadays Bojer ?
Bojer

Post by Bojer »

Had a Himalayan for two years now , which is something of a long term record for me ! For £2500 the Blade looks an attractive option . I like the Himalayan and have still got it because I really don't know what I'd replace it with .
himafrrhs.jpg
himafrrhs.jpg (215.44 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
Bojer

Post by Bojer »

FWIW my PC or me doesn't seem able to open the Sinnis website ? :?

Return to “BIKES”