Has anyone had a Sinnis blade 125cc?...
Any good for gentle green lanes?
Screenshot_20191113-124400.png
Screenshot_20191113-124400.png (319.92 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
Cheers πŸ‘
Godspeed

Re: Sinnis blade opinions

Post by Godspeed »

Looks really similar to my XR125L which seems to do pretty well on and off road.
Mines quite modified over the years but has held up well and gets good mpg too.
D9AF84FE-A4BD-4933-A968-3A9AEB011211.jpeg
D9AF84FE-A4BD-4933-A968-3A9AEB011211.jpeg (93.94 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

If memory serves me right it's the Apache with different wheels.

I did a trip a couple of years with a guy from on here who had am Apache, we road up to the lacks him from Leicester and spent 5 days riding round up there and then rode home, it never missed a beat.

I've actually nicked a Sinnis off my Mrs, she's got a trackstar that she never rides so I've had it for me and I really enjoy it, not the fastest thing in the world but great fun. Again hers has been all over, she toured around Wales with me for 4 days with some camping stuff on it and I even took it down the kielder forest drive :lol:

The fixtures will be a bit rubbish, and the levers/mirrors will be very easy to break I'd definitely suggest hand guards. Hope that's of some help to you.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Thanks for your comments πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Tink wrote: ↑Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:35 pm Thanks for your comments πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
I've said it before I'm a big fan of Chinese bikes, if your handy with a set of spanners and have a bit of mechanical sympathy, unlike most 17 year old owners who most of the time don't know any better, then they aren't actually that bad or unreliable to own, I know all the ones I've had bar 1 have been a lot less work than my current KTM :roll:

They are normally fairly under powered and a little on the heavier side, a new exhaust tends to help both those things but as they're carb'd normally that leads to arsing about with jets.

Parts are dirt cheap and readily available if your know where to look, China parts ltd and Chinese motorcycle parts online being the 2 I normally use apart from eBay. I had a cylinder 2 new pistons, a complete engine gasket set and a new stator for one for about Β£160 all in and they all turned up within a few days, but that was for 1 engine out of the 4 Chinese bikes I've had. The my China Moto forum is pretty handy and there's a list longer than your arm of mods and improvements you can do to them normally, I remember reading an interesting thread about a guy converting one to fi just because he wanted to :shock:

Resale value is pennies though so if you buy new don't expect to get anything back for it should you want to sell it.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Also there was a couple this year who did the Mongol rally on Sinnis terrains, it should turn up a video they did with a quick Google, think they called their team crazy ass climbers.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Godspeed wrote: ↑Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:49 pm Looks really similar to my XR125L which seems to do pretty well on and off road.
Mines quite modified over the years but has held up well and gets good mpg too. D9AF84FE-A4BD-4933-A968-3A9AEB011211.jpeg
I didn't realise you still have the XRπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Tink

Post by Tink »

Mad Hatter wrote: ↑Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:45 pm Also there was a couple this year who did the Mongol rally on Sinnis terrains, it should turn up a video they did with a quick Google, think they called their team crazy ass climbers.
Yes I've watched that πŸ‘πŸ‘....
I've got a Lexmoto adrenaline 125efi at moment
Screenshot_20191110-170643.png
Screenshot_20191110-170643.png (262.2 KiB) Viewed 2884 times
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

Tink wrote: ↑Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 am Has anyone had a Sinnis blade 125cc?...
Cheers πŸ‘
Personally I think most bikes can do "most" things but to avoid issues prep is key, They seem to have a decent'ish amount of dealers stocking them so they must have some quality to them and at the RRP it cost about as much as a mid range mountain bike.

Just go through it with a fine tooth comb with some copper grease and torque wrench plus check electric connectors and you should be good to go. If you killed it after 2-3 years would that be a bad deal??. I tend to equate price in thousands of pound to justification for time owned, If I buy a 1000 quid eBay special and I get a solid year from it then it is fair, hence why I do not buy anything new, 17k for the latest and greatest would mean 17 years of ownership for HoboBemmer maths for it to be viable :?

Chinese bikes and factories are fast catching up with reliability, in reality we are about one revolution away from them being a viable alternative to a good deal of riders, I am really impressed with SWM and would certainly entertain owning one.
Tink

Post by Tink »

HoboBeemer wrote: ↑Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:40 pm
Tink wrote: ↑Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 am Has anyone had a Sinnis blade 125cc?...
Cheers πŸ‘
Personally I think most bikes can do "most" things but to avoid issues prep is key, They seem to have a decent'ish amount of dealers stocking them so they must have some quality to them and at the RRP it cost about as much as a mid range mountain bike.

Just go through it with a fine tooth comb with some copper grease and torque wrench plus check electric connectors and you should be good to go. If you killed it after 2-3 years would that be a bad deal??. I tend to equate price in thousands of pound to justification for time owned, If I buy a 1000 quid eBay special and I get a solid year from it then it is fair, hence why I do not buy anything new, 17k for the latest and greatest would mean 17 years of ownership for HoboBemmer maths for it to be viable :?

Chinese bikes and factories are fast catching up with reliability, in reality we are about one revolution away from them being a viable alternative to a good deal of riders, I am really impressed with SWM and would certainly entertain owning one.
I agree with you πŸ‘πŸ‘.... For the price if it lasted 3 years then it would be a good buy!... Only thing with the new one is they have linked braking because of Euro 4 requirements πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Return to β€œBIKES”