Africa Twin for road riding only - opinions?

The Things We Ride
gazxt1200z

Re: Africa Twin for road riding only - opinions?

Post by gazxt1200z »

You will have many red mist moments if you buy one of them,i had a brand new one last year,and in 43yrs of riding bikes i can honestly say it was THE MOST GUTLESS bike i have ever ridden,i had several 800 triumph tigers with exactly the same 94bhp and they made the africa twin feel like it had 70 bhp.What a MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT the whole bike was.
RandG

Post by RandG »

Ron3005 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:36 pm

What a load of rubbish I've got the sport dct get it on sports mode it would be able to satisfy you're red mist moment . You're best having a test ride with the bikes you like and go from there . You'll get a lot of advice from people that haven't even rode one so I wouldn't even ask .
You've obviously never ridden a proper fast bike then if you think an ATAS in sports mode would satisfy, of course that all depends on what one deems a fast bike and the ATAS is NOT a fast bike.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Thanks guys 8-) .
I've settled on getting a Kawasaki z1000sx. As I said, I've had loads of sports bikes and whilst my current CBF1000 has loads of grunt, I'm missing the top end rush (the CBF has got a de-tuned '04 Fireblade engine). I've covered about 12,000 miles on it in about 18 months, so it's time for a change. My riding is now exclusively on the road with two high mileage European trips every year, so I think the z1000sx will do the job for me... 8-) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Ron3005

Post by Ron3005 »

RandG wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:47 pm
Ron3005 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:36 pm

What a load of rubbish I've got the sport dct get it on sports mode it would be able to satisfy you're red mist moment . You're best having a test ride with the bikes you like and go from there . You'll get a lot of advice from people that haven't even rode one so I wouldn't even ask .
You've obviously never ridden a proper fast bike then if you think an ATAS in sports mode would satisfy, of course that all depends on what one deems a fast bike and the ATAS is NOT a fast bike.
Then you dont know me I've had all models of R1s I've raced 250s I traded in a hayabusa to get the atas and I keep up with a few mates on their sports bikes round the bends so before you make stupid comments remember if you dont know the person you dont know what they've done
RandG

Post by RandG »

ooooohhh, get you :lol:

Return to “BIKES”