Re: not a proper adventure bike

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Said...."ooo, that looks heavy mate, I bet it'll be a struggle to pick up."

or

"If you go on the BMW off-road course they'll train you to pick that up."
OB1

Post by OB1 »

How about, "I see that you don't have the optional self-righting function on that model".
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Petethefeet wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:07 pm Think i would have asked if it had gone to sleep and the ridden off :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

OB1 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:08 pm How about, "I see that you don't have the optional self-righting function on that model".
Ouch!! :mrgreen:
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

OB1 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:08 pm How about, "I see that you don't have the optional self-righting function on that model".
The self-righteous function however, was obviously fully activated.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

OnHellas wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:07 pm
The self-righteous function however, was obviously fully activated.
ROFL!!! :D
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

PeteDuke wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:03 pm Last year on way home went to a filling station to fuel up. Filling up my BMW 310GS
Next petrol pump along was a very new, very large GS1250 with every conceivable extra fitted. The rider had arrived shortly before me so completed filling up first, it was one of those garages that make you remove your helmet to obtain fuel. I smiled and nodded to my fellow biker as you do. Rider walked past me, and said ''there should be a law against calling that a GS'' and walked off shaking his head.
I went into pay, he was a further down the queue than me, paid for his fuel and walked out without making any further comment or eye contact.
Whilst I was paying for my fuel there was such a loud crash from outside, when I went out the big GS was laid on its side and the man was struggling to pick it up, in fact he could not.
What would you have done ?..........
I honestly don't know, it would probably depend a bit on my mood, but there is a good chance I would have done nothing but stare at him and perhaps shake my head
but what a sad tale :|
Its a trick............get an Axe
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

PeteDuke wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:03 pm
Sometimes a quip comes to mind straight away other times only a few hours after, so 50/50 whether I would have said something immensely funny and scathing or just helped to pick it up and said very little.

Having thought about it (not instant on this occasion) I would have got my phone out and said "Hey! Smile for the camera, I'm doing a Facebook Live Stream so everyone can see the second time you were a TW*T in the space of 10mins".
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

PeteDuke wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:03 pm Last year on way home went to a filling station to fuel up. Filling up my BMW 310GS
Next petrol pump along was a very new, very large GS1250 with every conceivable extra fitted. The rider had arrived shortly before me so completed filling up first, it was one of those garages that make you remove your helmet to obtain fuel. I smiled and nodded to my fellow biker as you do. Rider walked past me, and said ''there should be a law against calling that a GS'' and walked off shaking his head.
I went into pay, he was a further down the queue than me, paid for his fuel and walked out without making any further comment or eye contact.
Whilst I was paying for my fuel there was such a loud crash from outside, when I went out the big GS was laid on its side and the man was struggling to pick it up, in fact he could not.
Following his ignorance I would have just said ‘sorry I can’t help, I have a bad back (whether true or not) which is why I ride a bike I can manage’, put my helmet on and ridden off.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

I'd have just laughed and watched him struggle .......ignorant feck that he is :twisted:

Return to “BIKES”