Gas Gas

The Things We Ride
Richard Simpson Mark II

Gas Gas

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Just heard KTM is to take a controlling stake in Gas Gas...hope it's not the end for the Spanish company
boboneleg

Re: Gas Gas

Post by boboneleg »

It seems like KTM is trying to buy up all the opposition
one-legged adventurer
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

If KTM would like to give me a few million quid then I'll promise to not start making bikes - seems fair :lol:
petecam

Post by petecam »

Interesting..

The one area KTM has never dipped their toes is trials.... seems like they will now....

Can't see what KTM would do with Gas Gas apart from trials, surely they dont need another Enduro bike brand?

P
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

If you buy up all the opposition you have a monopoly, Husaberg, Husky and now Gas Gas :)
one-legged adventurer
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Perhaps KTM is hoping for some lessons on quality control from GasGas!
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Nothing wrong with the quality of the 2006 GG EC300 I had.

KTM destroyed 'Berg (had a really good Berg 570) and haven't done the Husqvarna brand any favours.

Good Luck Gas Gas......
Brads

Post by Brads »

Haven't done Husqvarna any favours ?

Explain because usually they are seen as "posh" KTMs.

I know mine is brilliant.

Gas Gas have had few quality issues worldwide recently but if they can improve that and keep the costs below the equivalent Austrian then they will be a market share that KTM can exploit.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Crossrutted wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:58 pm Nothing wrong with the quality of the 2006 GG EC300 I had.

KTM destroyed 'Berg (had a really good Berg 570) and haven't done the Husqvarna brand any favours.

Good Luck Gas Gas......
Strangely the 2009 EC250 I had ran great, but had lots of problems, the worst being awfull sachs suspension compenents with play in Bushings from new, wheelbearings that lasted only a dozen wet rides and rather erratic electrickery

Only had older mostly 2 stroke KTMs and they were always a bit dodgy in the electrics dept and high maintenence but otherwise quite solid.

But ultimately, I don't think history comes into it much these days, all the manufacturers have dropped general quality and the ones still demanding
high prices justify it by means of adding cheap electronic junk with impressive sounding acronyms that is supposed to protect us from our own feeble attempts at control.....Bah!!!!!!!
Its a trick............get an Axe
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Asgard wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:51 pm
Crossrutted wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:58 pm Nothing wrong with the quality of the 2006 GG EC300 I had.

Good Luck Gas Gas......
Strangely the 2009 EC250 I had ran great, but had lots of problems, the worst being awfull sachs suspension compenents with play in Bushings from new, wheelbearings that lasted only a dozen wet rides and rather erratic electrickery

Only had older mostly 2 stroke KTMs and they were always a bit dodgy in the electrics dept and high maintenence but otherwise quite solid.

But ultimately, I don't think history comes into it much these days, all the manufacturers have dropped general quality and the ones still demanding
high prices justify it by means of adding cheap electronic junk with impressive sounding acronyms that is supposed to protect us from our own feeble attempts at control.....Bah!!!!!!!
Sounds about right to me.

Return to “BIKES”