Fantic CASA 250??

The Things We Ride
HoboBeemer

Fantic CASA 250??

Post by HoboBeemer »

Morning all..

I had a quick search and did not find anything on this model, not gonna lie the price tag is what has attracted me but there is fairly limited information ref servicing schedule and certainly I have not seen any adaption for TET rides or similar and I am scratching the surface to see if it may be something I should look at?. It is like a CRF250 but with branded suspension and equipment (Arrow exhaust etc) built around a known reliable Chinese engine.

I currently ride everything on my GS , be it snoty green lanes and Byways which is about 1/4 of my total miles each year the rest is on day trips and a big month long excursion if work and the stars align. I am not getting any younger and fancy a smaller capacity bike that I could fabricate a small pannier setup for and get away for a few days riding with a cheeky Bivy midway if I can find a ditch out of sniper range.

Now I know people will say just get a bloody DRZ, XR, etc etc.. The problem is I really need to go newer as I am situated within the area of the up coming ULEZ in London (Coming to a town or city near you soon no doubt) which has made copious years and models obsolete due to this up and coming stealth tax that would see me paying 12 quid a day every time I drove out the Garage. Owning a KTM just scares me and I think the local tracksuit brigade would be far to attracted to it.

Any owners on here care to share experience??..
SHarper

Re: Fantic CASA 250??

Post by SHarper »

Looks interesting and there’s a dealer near me, who also deals with the Caballero Scrambler, another bike I’m yet to see in the flesh.
Hope you get to test ride one and look forward to your impression of it...
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

Spoke to a guy outside my local supermarket at the weekend on one, he was having a day out with his mate on the trails.
Reckoned it was ok, not particularly light for what it is (he said) and he'd had to mess about with it a bit to get it trail ready.
Nice to see summit different out and about.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

SHarper wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:00 am Looks interesting and there’s a dealer near me, who also deals with the Caballero Scrambler, another bike I’m yet to see in the flesh.
Hope you get to test ride one and look forward to your impression of it...
Yeah the Caballero Rally was the bike I saw that turned me onto the brand. Not seen one either but certainly could be very interested.

I have just done some research, seems their is a outfit in the South East that does Green laneing days and their fleet bikes are the CASA 250, For what the day cost and to ride some trails on a bike that I am interested in purchasing could be money well spent.

I am just happy that such bikes are making it to market without the normal stuff we heard about such as poor build quality and reliability issues, by all accounts these bikes seem the real deal for a very competitive price. In all honesty I have owned a CCM some years ago and I cannot imagine a bike being that poorly assembled in this day and age with the way social media works.

The Bike I really really want is a GPXMOTO Tse250 another Chinese venture that has made a absolute stonking 2 stroke trail bike that is selling like hot cakes in the USA, sadly with our emission situation I certainly will not hold my breath (Pun intended) for them to reach our shores..
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

There was a road test of it in the now sadly defunct Trail Bike Magazine, which was then reprinted in the first issue of the TRF magazine Trail, which you can access via the TRF website.

There's also a load of info here.http://www.hainesmc.co.uk/2017_fantic_250e_casa_test/

Also consider the Honda CRF250L or Rally, and take a look at this Kawasaki KLX 250 ...viewtopic.php?f=27&t=48826

Even if it's not the individual bike for you, gives an idea of what can be done.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:27 pm There was a road test of it in the now sadly defunct Trail Bike Magazine, which was then reprinted in the first issue of the TRF magazine Trail, which you can access via the TRF website.

There's also a load of info here.http://www.hainesmc.co.uk/2017_fantic_250e_casa_test/

Also consider the Honda CRF250L or Rally, and take a look at this Kawasaki KLX 250 ...viewtopic.php?f=27&t=48826

Even if it's not the individual bike for you, gives an idea of what can be done.
I wondered where the Trail bike magazine went then i saw they produce it online under the rust sports website. There are several bike tests on there including the Fantic 250 https://www.rustsports.com/bikes/dual-s ... e_432.html
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

Thanks all for the links, will get reading...
jkay

Post by jkay »

There is also a positive review in rust magazine online

Return to “BIKES”