2019 KTM 690

The Things We Ride
qcnr

Re: 2019 KTM 690

Post by qcnr »

You need the Perun kit to fit it with the OBMT panniers, but they do list what it contains on their website.
If you have a machineshop local I am sure they can make the spacers and you source new bolts. I opted for the kit,
easiest option when ordering.
I went for the simple pannier racks not the X frames. Plenty strong enough for my bags.
My bike has had some lie downs, but have not felt the need for engine bars. I have CF engine case covers on the exposed bits.
I also have the extended Perun plate for when going camping, but bolt on and off as required (only use it for bigger bags).

Thankyou for the compliment
rbailey

Post by rbailey »

qcnr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:28 am You need the Perun kit to fit it with the OBMT panniers, but they do list what it contains on their website.
If you have a machineshop local I am sure they can make the spacers and you source new bolts. I opted for the kit,
easiest option when ordering.
I went for the simple pannier racks not the X frames. Plenty strong enough for my bags.
My bike has had some lie downs, but have not felt the need for engine bars. I have CF engine case covers on the exposed bits.
I also have the extended Perun plate for when going camping, but bolt on and off as required (only use it for bigger bags).

Thankyou for the compliment
I was also looking at the extended Perun plate (same thing, for camping). Does it bolt on top of the standard plate, or does the extended plate replace the standard plate? If I order it soon, he will include it in the same delivery (he has not shipped the standard rack yet).

I also opted for the OBMT fitting kit when I ordered the rack, as you say, just seems the easiest option.

Re the engine case covers. I have seen a few about (CF and so forth). I also noticed these: https://www.adventurespec.com/shop/prod ... -black-115 any thoughts on those ones?

Cheers,

Roy
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

It comes as a seperate plat to bolt on to the standard small rear rack.
The standard rack would be big enough for a 10L pack/ tankbag style pack for daily use. I
tend to have a rucksack anyway though.
I got my covers here: https://www.kodamacomposites.co.uk/

Return to “BIKES”