ITV 4 Thursday 9pm

The Things We Ride
vRSG60

Re: ITV 4 Thursday 9pm

Post by vRSG60 »

Damn, I forgot about it. I take Henry for what he is, a light entertainer.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

vRSG60 wrote:Damn, I forgot about it. I take Henry for what he is, a light entertainer.
Yep he's very lightweight in the entertainment stakes
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Jaystevens1971

Post by Jaystevens1971 »

Henry Cole gets a bit of a bad rap, but he loves motorbikes and its an entertaining show "man", I enjoy his shows because at the end of the days its about motorbikes. Would you perhaps prefer Matt Le Blanche hosting it :lol:
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I give the presenters credit for trying but they seem almost to be following the modern Top Gear format of simply being a general entertainment show. I guess the program is aimed at 'light entertainment' rather than a technical motoring show in the vein of the old Top Gear of the 70's.

I should prefer, if for example, he dedicated more time to a single article rather than jumping around and never giving any depth of information. The report of the road trip was interspersed with road testing two bikes plus a rather ham fisted show of dismantling an old bike. I have never met a buyer telling me all the good points of a product to then try and negotiate a discount!

As said rather like 'marmite', I guess that since it is all that we have I will just have to watch through clinched teeth at times.

TTFN

Hugh.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Jaystevens1971 wrote:Henry Cole gets a bit of a bad rap, but he loves motorbikes and its an entertaining show "man", I enjoy his shows because at the end of the days its about motorbikes. Would you perhaps prefer Matt Le Blanche hosting it :lol:
Just because it's about motorbikes doesn't make it good
Last night it was dire
Minkyhead's drone video footage is very good & GS Vintage films in France are far better than last night's effort

With money we don't have

johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Hugh wrote:Greetings,

I give the presenters credit for trying but they seem almost to be following the modern Top Gear format of simply being a general entertainment show. I guess the program is aimed at 'light entertainment' rather than a technical motoring show in the vein of the old Top Gear of the 70's.

I should prefer, if for example, he dedicated more time to a single article rather than jumping around and never giving any depth of information. The report of the road trip was interspersed with road testing two bikes plus a rather ham fisted show of dismantling an old bike. I have never met a buyer telling me all the good points of a product to then try and negotiate a discount!

As said rather like 'marmite', I guess that since it is all that we have I will just have to watch through clinched teeth at times.

TTFN

Hugh.
Exactly Hugh
Got it in one

With money we don't have

Tink

Post by Tink »

If you don't like it... Don't watch it.. Simple!πŸ‘
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Tink wrote: ↑Fri May 03, 2019 11:45 am If you don't like it... Don't watch it.. Simple!πŸ‘
Greetings,

Quite correct Tink, but at least this way the producers receive some positive feedback which may help to improve future shows.

TTFN

Hugh.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Hugh wrote: ↑Fri May 03, 2019 5:26 pm
Tink wrote: ↑Fri May 03, 2019 11:45 am If you don't like it... Don't watch it.. Simple!πŸ‘
Greetings,

Quite correct Tink, but at least this way the producers receive some positive feedback which may help to improve future shows.

TTFN

Fair comment πŸ‘πŸ»

Hugh.
Q plate

Post by Q plate »

Not a massive fan of Henry Cole but i still ended up reading his book recently, as said its a very enlightening insight into the guy & the background for the programmes well worth a look for Β£5. I discovered he was doinking Paula Hamilton the model in the VW Golf advert late 80s so for that alone the guys gone up a notch or 2

Return to β€œBIKES”