Royal Enfield Bullet trials

The Things We Ride
ggp59

Re: Royal Enfield Bullet trials

Post by ggp59 »

After buying an Enfield Bullet buyers guide book by Peter Henshaw decided the Bullet 500 Electra X was the one for me.
500cc long stroke engine, a five speed gearbox with a left hand shift, a carb rather than fuel injection but a disc brake that looks a bit naff, but never mind......
Then read far too much on the internet including stuff from a bloke who really hates the model I fancied with such a passion he almost put me off the idea with his yarns of inevitable mechanical chaos and doom - but not quite!

Today had a test ride on, and bought a really tidy 2006 500 Bullet Electra X for 1600 quid that makes me grin from ear to ear every time I fire it up for a chug around more than anything I've ridden for a while!

Now to see if it's as good as Peter Henshaw says, or as crap and unreliable as the other bloke does.... :D
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

ggp59 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:51 pm Now to see if it's as good as Peter Henshaw says, or as crap and unreliable as the other bloke does.... :D
"One man's food is another man's poison" as the saying goes.

I hope it is a brilliant buy for you.👍

I test rode an Interceptor this week.

Now that is a fun bit of kit and looks great too!
IMG_20190424_121558616_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190424_121558616_HDR.jpg (202.31 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
Sorely tempted...
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I rode one and loved it...made me feel like I was in my 20s again.

When I'm too old and feeble to ride my more modern bikes, I'll get one.

I might get one anyway...just can't bear to part with the ones I've got...
adventure steele

Post by adventure steele »

I'm looking forward to getting a spin on the new Royal Enfield's they are turning out such great bikes at the moment.

As the price of Bonnies, V-Strom's, Norton's an other bikes are clearing or getting close to the 10k+ mark or in some cases exceeding it nice to see some affordable bikes, I'm really hoping they put the 650 engine into a similar bike to the Himalayan will be interesting for sure.

Bullet's have been catching my eye for a while now after finding myself riding my Norton 650ss an Commando lot's It's cool to see an affordable modern built bike with the old ethos.

Return to “BIKES”