Royal Enfield Bullet trials

Post by David A »

Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Royal Enfield Bullet trials

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:18 pm Build you own using bolt-on parts

http://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycle ... trials-pre
Quite like this idea. If you could find a cheap donor bike, fairly affordable too.
Richard Simpson Mark II

You can get reasonable used Bullets for less than £2k...so could be an affordable way to get a 1960s trials-style bike.

given the suspension remains stock, it would be more style than trial, though.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

The club I'm chairman of has had requests to ride "Indian" Enfields in our trials but it was deemed a step to far, even though we now have air cooled drum braked twinshock classes, which originally didn't go down to well to be honest but the entries on pre65 bikes was falling.
You don't get many Enfields these days as they are just uncompetive to be honest.
The "works replica" bit makes me smile though :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Richard Simpson Mark II

The original Johnny Brittain works Enfield 350 Bullet is, I think, in the National Motorcycle Museum.

The rider passed away recently

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Brittain
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

I keep fancying one of these for bimbiling about the B roads on, but only going on the way they look, sound and thier cheapness compared to more genuine stuff.

So if anyone has had or got one are they any good??
Not bothered by handling, performance or even finish that much as am realistic, but whats reliability likely to be like??
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

ggp59 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:05 pm
Not bothered by handling, performance or even finish that much as am realistic, but whats reliability likely to be like??
Hey GG, I genuinely don't mean to sound demeaning or flippant, but what is the point of riding a motorcycle if you're not interested in handling or performance? You'd might as well just climb in a car ?

Reliability is very nice, of course, but not at the expense of an experience. Biking is about an experience. Something different from mere transport from A to B. Isn't it?
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Thanks for the reply, but it looks like I didn't explain what I meant very well........

I've got other bikes that handle well and go like the clappers, but fancy something completely different for a bit of fun and a change of pace when the mood takes me

What I really should have said was - does anyone know if they are reliable, is the fuel injection better than the carbed ones and is the 500 considered preferable to the 350 also are late one's better or worse than early one's and if so in what ways??

I guess as with most thing 'suck it and see' the best way to really find out what suits, but was trying to dodge making some expensive mistakes :D
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Go talk to your local RE dealer.
Test ride some, they'll be only too happy to help.
Went out on a RE Classic 500 with the Mrs pillion yesterday. Great bimble bike, comfortable too and pulled us both to 60mph where needed. They're not about speed, it's about the ride and character. Something long forgotten it would seem in this age where "bang for your buck" just means outright performance.
And no, I won't be getting rid of the GS or DRZ, but a Royal Enfield is very tempting as an addition.
🤔
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Return to “BIKES”