CRF450L Mixed Feelings.

The Things We Ride
minkyhead

Re: CRF450L Mixed Feelings.

Post by minkyhead »

i aggree with bob ..the crfs are underestimated at times ... bob neil and scooby are very good riders and them crfs do really well on pretty much anything the uk trails can offer ...there is of course times when they are a bit of a handful or a tad short of clearance ..but 95 pwercent of the time they do indeed go where the orange bike s do ...
there is a train of thought for me a nice 350 or beta 390 would be nice ... but i have too much roadwork to do and travel a long way on me crfs ...ive 27k up on the 300 .original clutch i installed when i got it .{heavy duty} and 12on the rally and ...have had zero problems ....
heres the thing the 450l os in a different class tbo its a nice bike ..but for me i just do trails ..and then use em as day to day transport ..i wopuld probab;y looking for summet harder on a enduro bike if i had one ..and im not really interested in daft stuff and dont /wpnt use a trailer or a van ....
daves swm 300r is a hellova trail bike for 3 grand but like most of em its just that and no more usless on th road for any distance ..thats where the 450l could have bridged the gap

the 450l for me has not got the service intervals ..stator output or tank range ....its a bridge too far for my type of riding ....superb suspension does not always make for a good travel bike and then not least the retail ticket is very high .....put me cbr300 engine in it with 8k service intervals 80mpg and ask me for 7 grand and id be all over it .... id deffo make a good effort to bosh me crf over these trails .. neil started it about fiveyears ago he turned up on a bog standard crf250l and monstered all the trails with no bother and it didnt go unnoticed i think now theres four of us on em :mrgreen:

..id think scooby may do it feet up ..very good rider .....barstard :D and that for me is a fairly resonable trail bike i think the abc lads have ktms tucked away and all have owned the classic short ratio enduro bikes ..but the feedback off everyone one of them on the crfs is very positive they all like em a lot

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Yep
250L and KLX250s seem to just get the job done
Never found wanting
Better on the road
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Just had the DID rear rim flat spot, not done anything dramatic only done 1250 miles , and the spokes come loose , disappointing and Im now going to be riding heart in mouth worrying about the rear wheel, it would appear that the wheel had been poorly built.
Dansin

Post by Dansin »

Pint Master wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:03 pm Just had the DID rear rim flat spot, not done anything dramatic only done 1250 miles , and the spokes come loose , disappointing and Im now going to be riding heart in mouth worrying about the rear wheel, it would appear that the wheel had been poorly built.
The DID rims on my 690 we’re like 50p pieces after the Erzberg prologs. I wasn’t running crazy low pressures either as I had tubes in. My conclusion was they’re just not strong rims. I’ve got an A60 excel on the front and a Tagasako excel on the rear now. No issues at all.
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

My new Talon Wheels to replace the faulty DID wheels , not straight forward to fit the Talons have bigger wheel bearings so the new wheels have to have spacers also different bolts for the discs.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Some seriously nice bling there. Lovely. :D
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Bit of a tart , I probably will suffer major piss taking.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Has the fuelling improved?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

The bikes done 1500 miles and it has improved and Ive got used to riding around the problem in East Anglia there's no too much in the way of technical trails so its OK , I think I would struggle in Peaks , Devon , Wales . Im pretty sure that one way or another it will get sorted but Im very keen that it doing that the bike doesn't lose its super quiet exhaust . I haven't been able to bring myself to sell my KTM 450 but when I go to shed its the Honda that comes out .
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Pint Master wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:09 pm The bikes done 1500 miles and it has improved and Ive got used to riding around the problem in East Anglia there's no too much in the way of technical trails so its OK , I think I would struggle in Peaks , Devon , Wales . Im pretty sure that one way or another it will get sorted but Im very keen that it doing that the bike doesn't lose its super quiet exhaust . I haven't been able to bring myself to sell my KTM 450 but when I go to shed its the Honda that comes out .
The trails in East Anglia are easy apart from the occasional deep sand when the trails dry out. I had looked at the Honda but ended up with an SWM RS650R for half the price. Fuelling on my bike was sorted out by the previous owner by resetting the tps and installing the latest factory map. I don,t know many modern fuel injected bikes that do not require some attention on the fuelling straight from the dealers showrooms.

Return to “BIKES”