Guzzi V85TT

The Things We Ride
daveuprite

Guzzi V85TT

Post by daveuprite »

Bit more on the new Guzzi ADV.

As usual, far too heavy and a bit underpowered. But it's quite pretty and has some nice touches. Wouldn't dream of taking it off road.

I like Guzzis on the whole. Never the quickest, never the lightest and never the latest tech, but they have proper character and they're interesting to own.
EVskij

Re: Guzzi V85TT

Post by EVskij »

Switchgear on this bike is awful lol in my opinion. I’ve sat on it at NEC and it was ok, looked better I think. Fiddling with switches made me feel like it was fur coat but no knickers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trev

Post by Trev »

I love the look of the yellow version that was being touted about but thought the red one they had at the NEC looked a bit bland. I'm a Guzzi fan (have a 2015 V7 and a 2008 Griso) so could be tempted as and when they slowly seep onto the second hand market. Will be hopeless off road but then so are most other giant adventure bikes on anything but dry gravel in the hands of my incapable self- and I'm talking as an AT owner. :lol:
fiatman

Post by fiatman »

After 7 years of owning a Stelvio 1200 had a run on the new V85 today loved it, in reality its as quick as my own just as torquey, light clutch brakes soaks up the bumps, the 60kg difference makes such a difference. I have ridden many bikes and yes most are better cleverer ect ect but after 300 miles at 4pm there is only one bike I want to be on and thats my Guzzi super comfortable and its different. Whats went wrong? one head light bulb, had four sets of tyres servicing battery but no replacement parts been super reliable and on B roads there are not too many that are able to pass me. The V85 was more comfortable than my own and thats saying something all my mates call my Stelvio the armchair, dont accept the comment about the switches found them easy to use in practice, and for the latest tech three riding modes, cruise, ABS traction TFT screen that connects to your mobile what more do you want maybe a Goldwing is your thing but I prefer something I can throw about in all conditions had the Stelvio down a forest track in the snow last month with the bushes brushing of the sides and believe the V85 will be able to do the same comfortably. Guzzi are only supplying 1000 bikes for the UK market this year expect they will sell them all my next bike will be a V85
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Saw one last week, lello and wed, great colours really liked it, but as dave said , wouldn't want to take it off road :D
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Think I will take a test ride soon

Only new bike that looks appealing
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Trev

Post by Trev »

Test ride booked, I'm late to Guzzi ownership (got my 1100 Griso 4 years ago and V7 early last year) but absolutely love the bikes, real character and the V85 looks like it could be a great all year round bike, do it all bike
XF650

Post by XF650 »

I've had a couple of Guzzis in the past, great bikes with soul, loved them. Think I'll try and have a test ride myself. Could this bike finally solve my "get rid of four bikes and only have one" dilemma? What puts me off striaght away is the compulerised technology which, in my view, is totally unnecessary, unwanted and only complicates things. We'll see.....
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

Just ordered a red one, delivery due in January. I'm hoping it'll be a good road based tourer, with a bit of gravel track for good measure.
Tink

Post by Tink »

nathanm wrote: ↑Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:29 am Just ordered a red one, delivery due in January. I'm hoping it'll be a good road based tourer, with a bit of gravel track for good measure.
Like the look of it πŸ‘Œ.....
Be interested to see what your review is like Nathan as you will use it in the real world πŸ‘πŸ‘
I've heard rumours that the red ones are the fastest πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ»πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Return to β€œBIKES”