Honda CRF250 Rally – best mods / upgrades

The Things We Ride
catcitrus

Re: Honda CRF250 Rally – best mods / upgrades

Post by catcitrus »

a good fix would be to weld nuts to the bars so that the plate can be simply bolted up and therefore quickly removed(no fiddly nuts on the inside)-However, the next question is can you get the front grill, and then the stock bashplate off with the crash bars in place?. The other alternative is to leave the stock bashplate off altogether as you have the plate--this leaves the side panels a bit unsupported at the base--but again they are protected from side impact by the crash bars--you'll work it out!
Glen of York

Post by Glen of York »

A nice rare stainless steel rack. Some times on ebay.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273727399357 ... 1555.l2649
Attachments
IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_0567.JPG (52.91 KiB) Viewed 3973 times
CRF250L.jpg
CRF250L.jpg (75.52 KiB) Viewed 3973 times
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

The ABC crew went to the Peaks this weekend and three of us turned up on our Rally's
886378f5-0f08-4e1b-889c-bb75de4de5dd.jpg
886378f5-0f08-4e1b-889c-bb75de4de5dd.jpg (156.13 KiB) Viewed 3890 times
one-legged adventurer
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Mike and I got out on ours last weekend to do the Peddars Way.

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I was wondering... with regard to the rear suspension and upgrading the unit... has anyone tried Hagon? If not, why not?

https://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/catalog/ ... No=M63051H

They're not too far down the road from me, about 60 miles down the A12, so I could, theoretically, ride down, get measured up, fitted and ride home.

Any thoughts?
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

OB1 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:13 pm I was wondering... with regard to the rear suspension and upgrading the unit... has anyone tried Hagon? If not, why not?

https://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/catalog/ ... No=M63051H

They're not too far down the road from me, about 60 miles down the A12, so I could, theoretically, ride down, get measured up, fitted and ride home.

Any thoughts?
Go for it, unless someone else has fitted one it may be your only way of finding out if they're any good. £424 is a fair bit more than £289 for the YSS and I know of at least five riders that are happy with the performance of that shock.
one-legged adventurer
OB1

Post by OB1 »

boboneleg wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:20 pmGo for it, unless someone else has fitted one it may be your only way of finding out if they're any good. £424 is a fair bit more than £289 for the YSS and I know of at least five riders that are happy with the performance of that shock.

I agree that it's a fair bit more than the YSS but it's a damn sight cheaper than the Ohlins and, given my location, they may be able to set it up for me while I wait... maybe!

The other thing is, that £424 is with the hydraulic adjuster; it's only £299.50 without. Also, all they have listed is the CRF230F so I'd probably have to call them or take the bike over there for an actual price.

I'll keep you all informed.
justrtw.com
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I just dropped Hagon a line and, within 6 minutes, they had replied!
We can do a shock for that bike no problem at all price is £299.50 inc VAT we set all of our shocks to rider weight specific so all you will need to do is supply your weight.

Turnaround is typically around 5 working days at the minute.
What a great service!

I think I'll be ordering one in a couple of weeks.
justrtw.com
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Have fitted the Hagon shock you mention to my CRF 250L this evening, as two friends have both fitted them and are very happy.
Not tried it out properly though due to it slamming down with rain, but it does feel nice bouncing up and down in the garage :D

Also liked the of 2 year warranty and rebuildability, but the thing that really made the decision to go with them was the chap at Hagon who spent loads of time on the phone talking me through the whole process and making sure the shock I ordered was exactly what suited my needs weight/use etc.
It also turned up when they said it would, so great service 👍
OB1

Post by OB1 »

ggp59 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:17 pm Have fitted the Hagon shock you mention to my CRF 250L this evening, as two friends have both fitted them and are very happy.
Not tried it out properly though due to it slamming down with rain, but it does feel nice bouncing up and down in the garage :D

Also liked the of 2 year warranty and rebuildability, but the thing that really made the decision to go with them was the chap at Hagon who spent loads of time on the phone talking me through the whole process and making sure the shock I ordered was exactly what suited my needs weight/use etc.
It also turned up when they said it would, so great service 👍

That's the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks! 8-)

I'll be placing my order in a few weeks.
justrtw.com

Return to “BIKES”