Out with the old....

The Things We Ride
Speedofile

Out with the old....

Post by Speedofile »

Can't wait!!

November 2016 I sold my 2007 R1200GS and decided that I needed another sports bike :( . After having my CBR1000RR for a year, it time to go back to the trusty old GS.

I will be picking up my 2016 GS in the first week in February (pics to follow), but still need to sell the Fireblade! MAN it's going to be good to be back on a proper adventure beast!

Commuting around 30 miles each day on the Fireblade was fun, but nothing beats the GS for all round pleasure and smile factor. What we put these bikes through in Africa on our safaris beggars belief, so it's time me thinks!!
Bryn

Re: Out with the old....

Post by Bryn »

Speedofile wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:34 am Can't wait!!

November 2016 I sold my 2007 R1200GS and decided that I needed another sports bike :( . After having my CBR1000RR for a year, it time to go back to the trusty old GS.

I will be picking up my 2016 GS in the first week in February (pics to follow), but still need to sell the Fireblade! MAN it's going to be good to be back on a proper adventure beast!

Commuting around 30 miles each day on the Fireblade was fun, but nothing beats the GS for all round pleasure and smile factor. What we put these bikes through in Africa on our safaris beggars belief, so it's time me thinks!!
What made you go to a Fireblade after the GS :lol: ? I guess there's a hint in your username haha. Have you got any plans for its maiden voyage?
Speedofile

Re: Out with the old....

Post by Speedofile »

I suppose the whole Sports Bike things was still in my system and I fancied a bit of "That fix" again. Was a good exercise though as it just cemented how bloody good those GS' are!

Will wait for all the snowy weather to clear a bit and maybe March take it for a long weekend into Wales and go and ride around for a few days...can't wait!!

Return to “BIKES”