Helicoptermanr22

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Cracking fender extension that GS!

:D
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Godspeed wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:08 pm I was thinking about the C125 as well but it only has a 3.7 litre tank whereas the Monkey has 5.6 litres giving a range of 180 miles. That’s much more reasonable for long distance travel. Though on the negative side it really is quite tiny. I’m 5’7” and it looks small even with me on it 😂
D28DF2C6-F4E2-4E3C-BC3F-B3D04E3AC2FA.jpeg
I had the same thoughts re tank size, but have decided to compromise with a rotopax or similar. The range on the C125 is between 90 and 100 miles, depending how confident you are once the gauge starts blinking. 154 mpg is similar to what I'm getting.
The Monkey was very tempting though, but I'm also 6'1" and lanky........
Last edited by Slowboy on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

macvisual wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:15 pm I'm 6' 1" and a bit chunky, I'd probably look rediculous on it.... :o

What you think of the Honda Grom's..? So are all your motorcycles small cc machines Godspeed....?.... nothing over 500cc size wise..?

I'd love a Suzuki VanVan to hoon about on.....love their shape and design and styling..!

Pete
Didn’t try the grom but they are quite nice.
Yep, all small stuff now. My last mid sized bike was a Himalayan which I sold in March.
Now I have my C90, my Innova 125, XR125L, CBF125 and now the Monkey 125. Figure I can do everything I need to on one of those 👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Similar to you Godspeed, I've downsized to a CRF250 Rally (my big tourer), my C125 (the grand tourer) and my C90 (classic tourer) and I know I can travel far and enjoy it on any one of them.
Two of them, the Rally and the C90 have already done some big trips.
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

My 2005 Honda Innova's arrival is imminent........can't wait....! :D

Last time I owned any kind of a Scooter was in the late 1970's, a Honda C50 step through, then upgraded after a year to an immaculate Honda CG125, I've vivid memories of riding it from Belfast to Co. Cork, it never missed a beat or used any oil to Cork and back, loved that motorcycle...!

Less is more.
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Tink

Post by Tink »

Godspeed wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:38 pm
macvisual wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:15 pm I'm 6' 1" and a bit chunky, I'd probably look rediculous on it.... :o

What you think of the Honda Grom's..? So are all your motorcycles small cc machines Godspeed....?.... nothing over 500cc size wise..?

I'd love a Suzuki VanVan to hoon about on.....love their shape and design and styling..!

Pete
Didn’t try the grom but they are quite nice.
Yep, all small stuff now. My last mid sized bike was a Himalayan which I sold in March.
Now I have my C90, my Innova 125, XR125L, CBF125 and now the Monkey 125. Figure I can do everything I need to on one of those 👍
Godspeed we need to see a picture of all of your mighty fleet together 👌👌👍
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

An update, my (new to me) 2005 model Innova scooter arrived late this afternoon, was nearly dark and heavily raining when it arrived and now parked up in my garage.
Comes complete with loads of paperwork/both keys/service book/V5 and other spare bits like Honda Innova brouchers/spark plug and the original toolkit etc.
One owner from new, and apparently there's meant to be only 1,250 miles on the clock since bought new......I can confirm this once the battery is charged up over next day or so.

The battery is totally flat and needs fresh fuel, it's hard to push as the brakes are binding as it's sat in a garage for the past 4/5 years, so a bit of fettling required. Needs MOT'd of course as it's been SORN'd off the road for past 4/5yrs.

Weather depending I'll try take a few photo's tomorrow, the wheel rims and general overall condition is fabulous..!

With my work shift system I have decent time off so I'm really looking forward to getting the Innova sorted out and ready for rides/trips/exploration from Spring onwards etc..........I'm over the moon.

Peter

Frank Zappa
Tink

Post by Tink »

macvisual wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:41 pm An update, my (new to me) 2005 model Innova scooter arrived late this afternoon, was nearly dark and heavily raining when it arrived and now parked up in my garage.
Comes complete with loads of paperwork/both keys/service book/V5 and other spare bits like Honda Innova brouchers/spark plug and the original toolkit etc.
One owner from new, and apparently there's meant to be only 1,250 miles on the clock since bought new......I can confirm this once the battery is charged up over next day or so.

The battery is totally flat and needs fresh fuel, it's hard to push as the brakes are binding as it's sat in a garage for the past 4/5 years, so a bit of fettling required. Needs MOT'd of course as it's been SORN'd off the road for past 4/5yrs.

Weather depending I'll try take a few photo's tomorrow, the wheel rims and general overall condition is fabulous..!

With my work shift system I have decent time off so I'm really looking forward to getting the Innova sorted out and ready for rides/trips/exploration from Spring onwards etc..........I'm over the moon.

Peter

Sounds like a great buy👍👍.....
Look forward to seeing some pictures 👍
Enjoy 👍
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Still haven't had chance to take photos of the Innova.

So today I got 2 litres of fresh petrol and put into fuel tank of the Innova which hasn't been running for a good 5/6 years, I took time and drained the carburettor bowl via usual carb screw at base and ran/drained the fuel out for a good minute until the new/clear petrol came good....... always a good start.

I never knew that with the sidestand sitting out the bike doesn't start, but eventually figured it out, after a couple of kicks (battery still weak/low charge) it burst into life again.....fantastic.

Oil level checked before I tried to start it and it was sitting perfectly at the top level, wonderful. Let it run/tickover for a good ten minutes, put it through the four years whilst ticking over, gave the drive chain a good lashing of thick chainsaw oil re lubrication etc, I do love a moist chain.....often! I'm obsessed with this to be honest.

It's early days yet tinkering and fettling with the Innova but generally been oiling and greasing bits here and there on the Scooter, I totally need to remove the front disc brake/pads as it's binding on lots, need to take it apart and service it, on my next to do list.

As usual I placed loads of newspapers below the Scooter and sprayed copious amounts of WD40 in/around the engine compartment and just let it drop dry itself, I do this often with my V-Strom, it does not harm.

I removed the Innova's battery again and re-connected it to the Optimate Battery charger 24/7 for next few days to see if it'll hold the charge, time will tell, if not I'll just order a new one. I can see me having the Innova Scooter ready for its first MOT in 5/6 years towards the end of February.
It's not ticking over steadily and cuts out it seems but I'm guessing because it hasn't been used or ridden in 6yrs, it probably needs a decent long ten mile ride/run to clear it's cobwebs I'd say.

I'm not in a major rush to get it MOT'd due to usual crappy/winter weather, I'll like to have it ready for MOT around the end of February........ready for Spring to kick in.

I'm excited. By the way, what's the cost of road tax for the Innova 125cc would anyone know please?

Cheers;
macvisual

Frank Zappa

Return to “BIKES”