Go Big and Ride Small

The Things We Ride
soho

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by soho »

Strangely most of my (small) circle of very close friends have no interest in motorcycles, they're in Farming, Legal professions and the Music industry. As a biker I'm pretty much out there on my own. I think we post stuff basically just because it may be of interest to like minded.

I find, I'll just have a little 'Net' blitz now and again, connecting with people who know what I'm talking about, or who I once knew and rode with. Then I'll drop back into the real world til the next time.
Forums serve their purpose as does the net, not always perfectly but at least you can have a posting 'explosion' and get it out your system when you feel the need ?
Knowing at least that it's getting out to people somewhere in the world ( where the 3 of them are are I'm not sure ? :D )

Roll up Roll up ...big bikes little bikes, some as big as your head, it's all right here folks !
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:18 pm Chris said
I’ve watched a few of her videos but I can’t help thinking what a strange life that would be, everything has to be documented all the time

I document all my trips .........left Monday did stuff got back later :lol:

We're all different ...............................well i certainly am .....................fekin mental is i

........................................but i don't care , i ride

Image20210829_161142 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr
I used to love reading about your trips back in the BCF days.
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Love your trips and entertainment Chris. Gives us all hope that we can do it! I have the income and equipment to do what you do however i do get a little nervous about doing a long trip into “no wheres ville”

Your Videos are of national importance and should be part of the nation’s curriculum or the Olympics!!:)))

This year I WILL be taking the Monkey out for some adventures. I will I will :))))
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Helicoptermanr22 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:07 pm Love your trips and entertainment Chris. Gives us all hope that we can do it! I have the income and equipment to do what you do however i do get a little nervous about doing a long trip into “no wheres ville”

Your Videos are of national importance and should be part of the nation’s curriculum or the Olympics!!:)))

This year I WILL be taking the Monkey out for some adventures. I will I will :))))
Can’t wait to see your video ‘Monkey Business’ aka Go Ape Shit 😂😂😂
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

Thank you for your videos and stories Godspeed. I don't do that stuff myself but I'm glad others do. Joy shared is joy doubled.

For Noraly. Her videos cover maybe 5% of her time. To be honest I don't really like them, but I respect her well earned success. She has worked hard and is now past the point of making that lifestyle sustainable and can allow herself more freedom in selecting bikes etc. I'm sure she's had tough times in the beginning and even now her future is not guaranteed.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Keep up the posts please Chris.....and can we have a bit more dancing as well :lol:
Helicoptermanr22

Yeh to be accurate. What butt says!!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Cornishman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:30 pm
Godspeed wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:54 am I’ve watched a few of her videos but I can’t help thinking what a strange life that would be, everything has to be documented all the time, and I wonder how much actual enjoyment of the travel there actually is….
Don’t get me wrong it serves a purpose of making videos that make her a lot of income. But when does she get to switch off, relax, enjoy the ride and views around her without feeling the need to document it all.
Maybe I’m just getting old. 😂

Anyway, back to Eric’s post, shows you don’t need a larger bike to do tricky routes, just a small bike and a willingness to ride it
To be honest I often feel the same about people like yourself who make and share videos. I suppose we are all different. I think that Noraly has the ability to produce videos that give the impression of following every step of her adventure when, in fact, they are just a snapshot of her adventure.
I’ve watched some other YouTube videos over the winter and the ones that I don’t understand are those who always seem to be chasing an impossible deadline, chasing a daily mileage target that prevents them from thawing any interaction with their environment.
Like that bloke who repeatedly broke the world record for riding around the world in the shortest-possible time...never understood why he did it, or why anyone else should be interested.

"I've circumnavigated the globe while seeing as little of it and its inhabitants as I possibly could."

But keep the 'slow travel' stuff coming: the slower the travel, the more likely you are to see something interesting. On the rare occasions I find time to go out on a pushbike around the local lanes, I'm amazed by how much I SEE. More than I do on foot or from a motorised vehicle.
Helicoptermanr22

What he said:))
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Wow, Adventure bike stuck on grass 😂😂😂

The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)