Not happy at all !!!

The Things We Ride
CRAIGREVO

Re: Not happy at all !!!

Post by CRAIGREVO »

V_King wrote:to change a whole wiring harness just of a broken connector?! :sick:

do they have to change the whole wiring harness because of the warranty bull$£(*&$ or credit company?

other than that it sounds stupid for me to change the whole wiring harness just because of a broken connector :S

it there were a dint in a frame, would they suggest to change a frame? :silly:
Its a warranty issue, if they were to replace the connector and in six months time the reg rec blows up Yamaha will not cover it.
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

Well I would demand a full refund as the goods are not fit for purpose, tell them you are not willing to accept having a new bike stripped and that you are not prepared to wait for the work done. Ask for a full refund, if they start giving you a load of tosh get Trading Standards involved.

Then with your refund, go to another dealer and buy another new bike!
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Loggy wrote:Well I would demand a full refund as the goods are not fit for purpose, tell them you are not willing to accept having a new bike stripped and that you are not prepared to wait for the work done. Ask for a full refund, if they start giving you a load of tosh get Trading Standards involved.

Then with your refund, go to another dealer and buy another new bike!
+ 1
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

If you are going to try and demand a refund they are not going to say yes without a fight. so you must leave the bike with them and let them know you will not be taking it until the refund issue is resolved. It will take some time. ;)
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Ive unplugged mine to have a look at the contacts inside (all fresh and new looking) and it doesnt "click" back into place. It just kind of slots back in and then wont push in any further. Ive read somewhere about this "click" but not really too bothered. How can they tell the thing is broken. Can you see something cracked or some catch thats not catching? Are the contacts inside all corroded? Are the wires coming out the top a bit knackered looking. I thought the problem was with the contacts not being bedded in properly and an arc of electricity messing the contacts and wire up over time. Just wondering why they said the bit was broken...
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

ipswichbiker wrote:Ive unplugged mine to have a look at the contacts inside (all fresh and new looking) and it doesnt "click" back into place. It just kind of slots back in and then wont push in any further. Ive read somewhere about this "click" but not really too bothered. How can they tell the thing is broken. Can you see something cracked or some catch thats not catching? Are the contacts inside all corroded? Are the wires coming out the top a bit knackered looking. I thought the problem was with the contacts not being bedded in properly and an arc of electricity messing the contacts and wire up over time. Just wondering why they said the bit was broken...
i would hope the contacts are not corroded the bike has 630 miles on it,the plug is missing the latch that slide over the rectifier and clicks into place if its not clicked in it cant be water tight as there is no pressure on the seal
davsato

Post by davsato »

given the state of bike sales at the moment, added to yamahas crazy prices generally, you wouldve thought that
A/their customer service would be a lot better.
B/this dealer should treat a rare person willing to shell out for a brand new bike a lot better
Dave
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

im not too happy about the bike being stripped but as long as they honour it and its done in a reasonable time frame then thats cool but if they dont then thats gunna be another story.

i understand these things happen,ive come from a ktm rc8 and this problem compared to the ktms problems lets just say the yam problem is nothing :laugh:
davsato

Post by davsato »

bond_yzf wrote:im not too happy about the bike being stripped but as long as they honour it and its done in a reasonable time frame then thats cool but if they dont then thats gunna be another story.

i understand these things happen,ive come from a ktm rc8 and this problem compared to the ktms problems lets just say the yam problem is nothing :laugh:
ah, you were one of the eight then
Dave
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

bond_yzf wrote:As some of you may know i bought a new xtz less than 2 weeks ago and was very pleased with it,before i bought the bike i done a bit of research on the xtz known faults etc,and found that the rectifier plug not being seated properly was a thing to watch out for.

so a few days ago after the run in mileage was done thought i would have a look at the plug just to make sure it was ok and as soon as i touched the plug i noticed it was loose and i could pull it off and it wouldnt "click" back into place,so today was its 600 mile service and i asked the mechanic to have a look and ive been told that the plug is broke and the bike will require a complete new wiring loom and theres a chance yamaha may noy honour it through the warranty ! because i could have broken it myself which is utter ********.

so if the dealer comes back to me next week and tells me they wont honour it where does that leave me ?

and also my panniers turn up from yam the other day cracked aswell

Back to the top
It's a known problem and you'll not have any problems from Yamaha. Go on the XT forum and you'll get loads of good advise regarding who to pester at Yamaha to get the work done quickly.

It's not a total stripdown to replace the damaged loom and you should have the bike back inside 5 days if the dealer is any good. It says it all that Yamaha have the parts on the shelf at their European distribution centre ready to go so you don't even have to wait while they back-order parts. If the dealer you're using starts to get moody take the bike away and go to any other Yamaha dealer where it'll still be done under warranty.

Flitwick Yamaha (Bedfordshire) did mine and I dropped it off on a Saturday afternoon, it sat untouched in the workshop Sunday & Monday (they're shut Mondays) and was finished ready for collection on the Thursday afternoon.

I'd also ask for a loan bike while they've got it and start muttering about bikes not being fit for purpose, internet forums, bike magazines etc etc. Get cheeky and don't let them fob you off with stories about it being your fault.

Return to “BIKES”