Not happy at all !!!

The Things We Ride
Sprockette

Re: Not happy at all !!!

Post by Sprockette »

Sounds completely outrageous to me. If it was me I'd return the bike for a full refund and demand that they pay for any costs to you that have occurred because of the faults. There must be something in consumer law that would back up your claim in this way.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Sprockette wrote:Sounds completely outrageous to me. If it was me I'd return the bike for a full refund and demand that they pay for any costs to you that have occurred because of the faults. There must be something in consumer law that would back up your claim in this way.
My understanding is that legally you have to give the supplier the chance to put right any manufacturing defects and if they fail to do so when given the opportunity then you can start proceedings to recover your costs. It's the same when you buy a house and find a problem, you have to let the builder put it right (or at least try to) before you say you've had enough and want your money back.

It's a tough call on the Tenere because Yamaha know that there are a number of bikes with a dodgy reg/rec connection but they don't know how many or where they are. Ok, they could recall all bikes and check them over but that's a mammoth task that'll upset a lot of owners who would have their bikes taken off the road so they've opted to wait for the defects to show up and they're fixing them. My bike was one that had to have a new wiring loom but it was fixed within days and has been fine ever since. Given the choice between throwing it back at them and demanding a refund or letting them fix it and keeping a bike that is great fun to ride it's a bit of a no brainer.

I'd question the sanity of anyone that demanded their money back over a quick fix then sat there wondering what to buy to replace the bike.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

i wont be giving the bike back i like it to much but i dont trust the dealer to be honest when this first come about he did say that if yamaha didnt honour it he could source another "plug" and now yamaha have sent one,
i rang yamaha uk after the i spoke to the dealer to find out if they have sent the plug so im just waiting to hear from them hopefully tomorrow and go from there
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

id be interested to find what they say

my understanding is the plug is not available ..it only comes with the loom ..
stupid if true ..but it seems to be what people have found on the xt forum

in truth it seem silly to replace perfectly good wiring hither and thither when all the godam thing needs is a coonnector block that can be attached to the existing wires

i hope you get some more info as that part could be a really good spare ..

anyway good luck
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
africajim

Post by africajim »

V_King wrote:to change a whole wiring harness just of a broken connector?! :sick:

do they have to change the whole wiring harness because of the warranty bull$£(*&$ or credit company?

other than that it sounds stupid for me to change the whole wiring harness just because of a broken connector :S

it there were a dint in a frame, would they suggest to change a frame? :silly:
Em,,, well,,, yes they would, well,,,, not suggest, they would demand, by law that the frame be changed. A dint in the frame technically writes the bike off.
The wiring harness, well, the plug should be changible, it's fiddly but you an pick the wires out of the plug individually. Saves a lot of work though.
End of the day, PDI, pre-delivery inspection, the bike ran so why would you check every connection to the wiring lume? Admittedly, when I was at Yamaha we opened connections and greased them all, just in case as we had a few came back in failed due to green mould in the block connectors, possibly copper sulphate?
If the connector lock has broken they'll have to replace the connector block. It could be taped up but it wouldn't be right. No big deal, maybe an hour to write off for the dealer plus the block connector, no biggy for a happy customer. But get the dealers back up and he could dig his heels in and follow Yamaha's lead in saying "prove it". Dodgy one but a heart to heart with your dealer could make it good.
Just my tuppenceworth.
Honda, the power of dreams.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

haha one dealer busted !!!!

Yamah rang me yesterday to tell me that they had sent a complete wiring loom to the dealer not a plug,so i explained to them that the dealer had rang me the day before and specifically told me that yamaha had just sent the plug to which the nice lady at yamaha uk in a round about way said thats b******s.

So i ring the dealer and confront him and ive never heard so much stuttering :laugh: it turns out what they were going to do was take my broken plug off my loom and swap it with the new looms plug send it back to yamaha and tell them they had swapped the whole loom,to be honest if the dealer had been honest with me and said "look we can just swap this plug over and it will be a 10min job" i might have considered it but being fed bull shit boils my piss.

So then the dealer tells me ive opened a can of worms and now yamaha are not happy and he may have to swap the whole loom which is what he should have done in the first place
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

So you won't be out tomorrow then :P
Doesn't the yellow peril have dirt wheels?
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

i will be out but i cant go off road on it cant risk getting crap in that rectifer plug but im hoping it will be sorted this week,i need to get the drz an mot :(
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

ok Bond, havve a good time tomorrow and see you another time :)
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

i will be on the next one :)

Return to “BIKES”