Wr450f

The Things We Ride
Mikekitts81

Re: Wr450f

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Mike54 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:59 pm It sits inside the base of the caliper, Mike. Kind of clips in, but if it's old it may just fall out and you'll need to bend the little lugs in a bit.

here you can see it in this pic https://goneridingparts.com/products/20 ... liper-2005
That in the picture looks like number 3 in the diagram on the manual mike54 its the pad support which stops the pads from rattling but its the other smaller one i cant seem to find were it goes . As its not in the diagram did debate on wether its snapped and there suppose to be together as one rather than having 2 metal clips . Cant see in the picture s the other one maybe its just me and my eyes 😂🤣😂🤣
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
herman

Post by herman »

Mike 54 is correct mate . It is not item 3 and not on that diagram for some reason it is also as it should be shape wise. Difficult to describe but it does indeed just sit over the caliper and should be copperslipped or similar.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

Looks like a common Nissin caliper fitted to all sorts. As Mike and Herman said it clips over the caliper bracket and the notched ends of the pads rest against it so that they're don't rub directly on caliper bracket. Its not shown in your diagram.

Picture off a crf but looks same, number 4
caliper pic.jpg
caliper pic.jpg (57.44 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

thankyou for the replys i see now were it goes . surprised its not on the wr450f diagram anyway ill sort it now as now can see where it goes thanks again for the replys :D
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .

Return to “BIKES”