Wr450f

The Things We Ride
Mikekitts81

Re: Wr450f

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Been reading alot again today about jetting and the fcr carb and alot of forums iam reading say unplug the tps sensor and the bike will have less bog in low end torque due to the ecu not registering . Alot say bikes have done many years without a tps sensor so it wont make much difference or create any long term damage to the engine . They say it improves road riding in first second with no bogging and some put a switch between the sensor wiring to switch on and off but expalin the bike needs switching off to register again on the ecu . Does anyone else run the wr450f like this and if so what are your thpughts on it ????
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

The tps sensor on all bikes is linked to the ecu then then ignition timing....on the ccm644 some disconnected it but most just reset it as the readings where wrong ...plenty of vids on youtube ref tps setting...

maybe check ignition advance and retard with tps connected and unconnected....a holed piston aint no fun :lol: and 98 octane fuel helps :o ..

carbs are a dark art but set up right for you they are ace...pilot jet,main jet and neddle all play a different important part not forgetting the airfilter too and exhaust back pressure.. ;)

does the wrf have a restrictor on carb to prevent vacum in first 2 gears?....we removed them on suzuki ccm engines easy done its vacumed linked.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Tramp wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 am The tps sensor on all bikes is linked to the ecu then then ignition timing....on the ccm644 some disconnected it but most just reset it as the readings where wrong ...plenty of vids on youtube ref tps setting...

maybe check ignition advance and retard with tps connected and unconnected....a holed piston aint no fun :lol: and 98 octane fuel helps :o ..

carbs are a dark art but set up right for you they are ace...pilot jet,main jet and neddle all play a different important part not forgetting the airfilter too and exhaust back pressure.. ;)

does the wrf have a restrictor on carb to prevent vacum in first 2 gears?....we removed them on suzuki ccm engines easy done its vacumed linked.
The only restriction i have read about is the throttle stop .

On the wr450f the throttle stop is longer meaning you cant open the carb as much. probably done to tame it for road use road legal oyt the factory

On the yz450f the throttle stop is a lot short giving the carb the full range

There is also a grey wire to the ecu that changes timing wr with it in and connected and yz timing with it out not connected .
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Micksea is your man on WRF stuff , I think he is in Morocco at moment but he is your man.
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

I did loads of experiments with my 2006 model, which I have documented if you're really bored, but basically keep the TPS connected, the grey wire disconnected and get the jetting correct.

Fiddling with the above detunes the motor and covers up the lean surging, spluttering or bogging that the internet is full of.

I've jetted quite a few different bikes and learnt a lot on the way....
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
kev.t

Post by kev.t »

all of the above,
the biggy for stopping the bog is to do the accelerator pump mod. loads of vids on youtube, did the mod on mine 7k miles ago using wire locking wire and it's been nothing short of ace since.
kev.t

Post by kev.t »

do exactly this, including the carb breather pipes into airbox, the bike stopping in deep water was an issue as well until this was done.
it is possible on the steel framed models to do these mods with carb in situ, very fiddly but possible.
micksea

Post by micksea »

It's a good idea to fit an adjustable air screw mainly because the standard brass one can vibrate out and get lost.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

More goodies arrived today , Cush drive wheel from Talon.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (225.13 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Wow, that is sweet Bob..... come on what else is there :D

Return to “BIKES”