Happy Birthday Bike.

The Things We Ride
OnHellas

Re: Happy Birthday Bike.

Post by OnHellas »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:44 pm Looking at used prices, there seems to be a price gap between pre and post-13 model year bikes...

perhaps this is down to the alternator issue.

Out of interest, how much did the final upgrade to post 13 spec cost?

The alternator and flywheel replacement was done in Canada. From memory the parts where about $1500 Canadian. Plus labour......at A BMW dealer.

I forgot to mention that the bike also had a new clutch at the 69,000 mile mark in Canada. It wasn’t knackered but my mate Bernie that did the work at Island BMW suggested that with the extra weight of the sidecar etc it was worth doing as a problem in Central or South America could be a trip stopper.
I think that most people that know Bernie Wright would agree that he’s a top bloke and an excellent bike mechanic.
OnHellas

Re: Happy Birthday Bike.

Post by OnHellas »

Craig-SM wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:32 pm Just a tank of premium petrol! You could have at least gently cleaned her down before getting her chain lubed up :shock:
I will admit that the tank of Premium had to wait until the next day as there was only 91 available.
As for cleaning the bike......that’ll happen at some point but I’m never in a rush to clean the bike.
My bike is actually a he, but I’m still happy to ‘lube’ him up......oh er misses....and all that.

Return to “BIKES”