africa twin

The Things We Ride
Boggs

Re: africa twin

Post by Boggs »

Am i being a wuss when i say the only thing that puts me off is the tubed tyres?,i test rode a DCT version last year and was massively impressed,the new model looks even better.

Cheers Boggs
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Boggs wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:54 pm Am i being a wuss when i say the only thing that puts me off is the tubed tyres?,i test rode a DCT version last year and was massively impressed,the new model looks even better.

Cheers Boggs

Yes, you're being a wuss... I've had tubed tyres on the two Tigers for 8 years and had one puncture (on the road) in all that time. Nothing to worry about. I think I had more punctures in tubeless tyres over the previous years.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

You've got to admit though it's a bit easier to plug a tubeless tyre by the side of road.

Cheers Boggs
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

Just picked up a 66 plate At myself. Was dead set on the manual, test rode the DCT and loved it so gave it whirl. Only had it a few weeks but so far so good.
V2orV4

Post by V2orV4 »

Whilst at the bike show last year I asked one of the Honda staff about the possibility of tubeless tyres being offered on the AT in the future. He replied that he wasn’t aware of any plans, but said that loads of other people had asked the same question.

Like you Boggs, I must be a wuss. For road use, I’d much prefer tubeless.

AT is a Great looking bike for sure. Now if Honda put that engine especially with DCT option into a touring style bike, I’d be arranging a test ride for sure.
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

I thought you could get the crosstourer in DCT?
herman

Post by herman »

You can and also the underrated , code for cheap, VFR1200.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
V2orV4

Post by V2orV4 »

Unfortunately the cross tourer DCT weighs a mighty 285kg, and I’d like something lighter. That V4 engine and shaft drive must be the reason. VFR is a bit lighter but too sporty riding position for me. NC750 better, but perhaps that engine is a bit short of power. Most owners seem to love em though. The bike I want doesn’t exist!
drdaveboy

Post by drdaveboy »

one more sleep to go after a 14 month break because relocating this bike is most welcome
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

If it is just tubed tyres putting you off Rally Raid are doing a set of tubeless rims in 19/17" for the AT which would be great for road and light trail use

Return to “BIKES”