Pluggin the gap

The Things We Ride
chunky butt

Re: Pluggin the gap

Post by chunky butt »

diggermanbob wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:52 am Very nice Allen and the garage looks better with 3 bikes in 😄
You can never have to many bikes, just extend the garage a little..... :lol:
herman

Post by herman »

chunky butt wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:38 pm
diggermanbob wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:52 am Very nice Allen and the garage looks better with 3 bikes in 😄
You can never have to many bikes, just extend the garage a little..... :lol:
Don't worry I have another garage ;) Doh moment though, fitted the Kriega tank harness I have had kicking around for a couple of years only to realise the straps are on the KTM in France, bugger. :oops:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
herman

Post by herman »

Well the farkling has begun. RR rack and luggage plates, Tutoro chain oiler, 1 tool tube, aux connector box and earth box installed under the seat ,waterproof usb fly lead, heated grips by the dealer. I have a very long list but most will get done in the winter. ImageDSC01453 by herman munster, on Flickr ImageDSC01454 by herman munster, on Flickr ImageDSC01455 by herman munster, on Flickr ImageDSC01456 by herman munster, on Flickr
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
JMoandpiglet

Post by JMoandpiglet »

herman wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:19 pm Came with an F1r? can on it and it is still quiet so that can stay for now. You may well be right about the S10 but its not meant to replace that as it will be more for trails. It will get the level two kit Steve as another 50mm higher will be spot on for me and it really is good kit. After the S10 it feels like an enduro but there is something about the steering geometry that feels to me at least almost too easy or too sharp, hard to explain yet. I will do the kit with the option to fit a steering damper as the RR one I rode flapped it's bars around a bit at speed on low bumps, nothing bad happened mind but it concentrated the mind and bladder a bit.

Hi Herman - congrats on the new bike, and as Minky suggests, there is every chance it will end up doing everything the S10 does (other than carry two people in quite the same level of comfort) once you've modified it with the RR kit.

In that regard, I think what you are currently feeling is the sharper drop-in/turn-in you get with the stock 17" front wheel, and quite steeply raked forks - more like a supermoto if you see what I mean?

If you decide to go for the Rally-Raid LEVEL 2 spoked wheels as well (with a 19" front), you'll find the bike feels a lot more planted and sure-footed through the turns - in that it now carves corners rather than drops in (like a street bike) - so more like a traditional ADV bike basically.

If you do go for the 17/19" wheel combo, then, I very much doubt you'll need the steering damper after all.

for info. This is my LEVEL 2 bike at 60mph on gravel in Death Valley - straight and true ;o)

Hope that helps...

Jenny x

Return to “BIKES”