Pluggin the gap

The Things We Ride
herman

Pluggin the gap

Post by herman »

The new arrival tucked in between the 1200 and 250. ImageDSC01442 by herman munster, on Flickr ImageDSC01438 by herman munster, on FlickrImageDSC01436 by herman munster, on Flickr
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Pluggin the gap

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Got to admit i do like them myself Al , looks good mate
Phil
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

That looks nice and clean Al.....like that ....nice one :D
Tink

Post by Tink »

I've been fancying one of those.... Please let me know what you think of it 👍🤔🤔
herman

Post by herman »

Took it out for a decent spin this afternoon and first impressions are very good. Trouble is I cant help compare but it with the S10 so it at first felt twitchy and the bars too narrow, I will just have to ride it more I guess. However, brakes were good with loads of feel once I remembered how to use my foot again. Controls very positive and intuitive. Sweet spot from about 65 to 85 mph which is exactly where you need it, virtually no vibes. Seat seemed ok for the hour plus I was out. It can be made to hustle along if needed and if anything the budget suspension worked better when pushed. At slower speeds the suspension really suffers from harsh edges eliciting grunts and puffs and complaining kidneys but then I intend to get the RR conversion . Topped out at 105mph (on my private test track) sat upright with no effort so that will do nicely. I reckon it will make a very good travel bike so here goes. ImageDSC01444 by herman munster, on Flickr
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

As I said on the CB forum I did 800+ miles on mine when I went up to Kinlochleven for the pre65 trial in May surprisingly the seat was quite comfy, fast enough to get you in trouble as well, I'm enjoying mine. I'm not into different silencers but mine is a bit sewing machine sounding to be honest but I don't won't loud either I'd enough of that with the CCM 4.0!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (178.15 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

got a sneaky feeling the s10 will dissapear when you have finished the 500.....looks ace ...ill wager it will be even acer when its hemanised 8-)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Nice bike Herman, aren't there different levels of modification from Rally Raid? Which one are you going for?
How much lighter/nimbler does it feel than the S10?
I think they're nice looking bikes, with the RR kit It'll be a right tool.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Very nice Allen and the garage looks better with 3 bikes in 😄
herman

Post by herman »

Came with an F1r? can on it and it is still quiet so that can stay for now. You may well be right about the S10 but its not meant to replace that as it will be more for trails. It will get the level two kit Steve as another 50mm higher will be spot on for me and it really is good kit. After the S10 it feels like an enduro but there is something about the steering geometry that feels to me at least almost too easy or too sharp, hard to explain yet. I will do the kit with the option to fit a steering damper as the RR one I rode flapped it's bars around a bit at speed on low bumps, nothing bad happened mind but it concentrated the mind and bladder a bit.

Return to “BIKES”